Help! dont want to push start my car anymore..

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
Phew, thank god. Are there nuts on the backs of the screws, and I'm assuming I'd need to get the front end up on jacks. Do I assume correctly? I'm sorry I'm asking so many questions, I don't have very much automotive knowledge, I'm still learning as I go.
My buddy's mechanic might be coming out to take a look at the car and try to figure out what's wrong with the car. That'll be cheaper than getting it towed to an auto shop and have them charge me 90+/hr. I can't afford that, I have trouble affording gas per week (full time college student looking for job... life sucks)
Sorry, I drift off sometimes lol

But yeah. Will I need to drain any fluids or when installing the new starter, will I need to something like locktite or fipg on the bolts?

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
okay so lastnight i had my battery connected in the car. it was fully charged. today i checked the battery and it was halfway gone. this is telling me that something is putting a drain on my battery. i dont think faulty wiring would put a drain on the battery, or would it? could it be a bad starter or a relay? fusible link blown?
i need to diagnose this asap, unfortunately i dont have the luxury of having a beater in the winter. i apologize for my impatience but this is my dd and i need this problem resolved.
thanks again

huntin5L

Mar 31, 2005
Niles, IL
Sounds like your alternator isn't working. Need to put a voltmeter on the battery while the car is running to see if it is being charged by the alternator. If you see the volts continually drop while the car is idling that is your problem most likely.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
How do you know the battery is halfway gone? What exactly does that mean?

And so the car cranks over just fine, but doesn't start? For the other question.

86supra

Animal
Jul 29, 2008
Columbus, Ohio
i have this same problem. my friend also had this same problem. he said it is something to do wit the alarm. if the alarm isnt set properly, its designed to cut the starter circuit so no one could steal ur car. he said he pulled it out of his car and now has no problem. i wanna do the same thing but what relay or fuse is the alarm on? any ideas? thanks

SiLeNcE SuPrA

I keed I keed
Mar 4, 2008
IDK
suprarx7nut;1128267 said:
Does it click at all? Do your other interior electronics work? We need more info.

My turbo had a bad starter and would just click once. New starter and its all good.

You can also check on your starter wiring.

Read this:
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76403

May i ask how you figured out that you had a bad starter?

I remember when my car would not start. It had not been started for 3 weeks because of the bearings. Needed replacement. Garage was only 10 sec of driving away. I tried starting it but nothing. Found out a small bearing in the starter was shot 2. Got a new one for $3 from a chinese dude and it worked again.

Isphius

Supra-less :(
May 30, 2006
long branch
I had an electrical problem similar to this. I would be driving down the road, and my voltage gauge would go off the chart high (like 20 volts) and then the whole car would lose ALL power. no lights, nothing. then once it cooled off, it was fine. And it seemed to trigger sometimes when i would turn the heat fan speed either on or off. I am pretty sure it was the alternator about to crap out. I sold the car that way and never really fixed it lol. Also on my s10, not exactly the same, the stater was starting to go and would cause either a no crank, no click, or no power situation sometimes, and it would also kill the battery like the alternator wasnt working. So i ended up replaced everything thinking it was the alt or cables or battery and i finally changed out the starter and it ran like a champ

prism1

prizmosis jones
May 24, 2006
fresno
my car did this to turned out that the regulator in the alternator was busted causing it to overcharge.

mike86supra

Nov 26, 2008
connecticut
i have a simalar problem. im sure the wiring is all messed up because the dude before me crossed wires and made a push button start under the wheel where its hard to see. whenever i try to start it it cranks but no turning over, we just got a new battery because 2 of them we had died when hooked up, maybe a fuse could be blown or the alternators bad? im not sure what the problem could be, could use some help though