--IGNITER AND IGNITION COIL/CIRCUIT

--ECU

WATER TEMPERATURE SENSOR SIGNAL--OPEN OR SHORT IN WATER TEMP. SENSOR SIGNAL

--WATER TEMPERATURE SENSOR CIRCUIT

--WATER TEMPERATURE SENSOR

KNOCK SENSOR SIGNAL--OPEN OR SHORT IN KNOCK SENSOR SIGNAL

--KNOCK SENSOR/CIRCUIT

ECU

now my questions are how do i fix these i think the knock is because the previous owner was running 87 octane...

now even though throwing all 3 codes the car still runs and drives fine? not the way it should but it shouldnt even be running?

any help greatly appreciated

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
tyler said:
im throwing codes
IGNITION SIGNAL--NO "IGF" SIGNAL TO ECU

--IGNITER/IGNITER CIRCUIT

--IGNITER AND IGNITION COIL/CIRCUIT

--ECU

WATER TEMPERATURE SENSOR SIGNAL--OPEN OR SHORT IN WATER TEMP. SENSOR SIGNAL

--WATER TEMPERATURE SENSOR CIRCUIT

--WATER TEMPERATURE SENSOR

KNOCK SENSOR SIGNAL--OPEN OR SHORT IN KNOCK SENSOR SIGNAL

--KNOCK SENSOR/CIRCUIT

ECU

now my questions are how do i fix these i think the knock is because the previous owner was running 87 octane...

now even though throwing all 3 codes the car still runs and drives fine? not the way it should but it shouldnt even be running?

any help greatly appreciated

as stated, clear codes and see what comes back. the car won't run for long w/a code 14....

code 22 is easy enough, replace the sensor and/or the wiring....though chances are it's just the connector. it's the 2 wire connector on the side of the water neck.

code 52 = bad knock sensor wiring. see the SOGI tech tip.

no, running 87 octane will not throw a code 52.

tyler

Sep 14, 2006
canada
heres some more info on what it does.. as soon as you start to boost it studders after 3 ish psi usually? the coolent disappears to never never land and it still has 120 compression across all 6 cyll so where is the coolent going is the ignition code causing the studdering? or could it be a coolent seal in the turbo causing the studdering? ahh i dont know im not used to supras

onemancrew

Feb 7, 2012
Sydney
I got the exact same codes but my car runs fine,,, better than ever before actually. Resetting my codes doesn't work either... Did you ever get this problem resolved?