Help! Clutch issue!

supraGhost

Dec 14, 2007
PA
so on the way to school this morning i noticed my clutch wasnt engaging as quickly when i pushed the pedal in and it was disengaging sooner when i let it out. when i would push it in, the first two inches would not do anything.

now on the way home (20 min. drive one way) i noticed it had gotten significantly worse. now the clutch wont start disengaging until i push the pedal 5 inches in. it still disengages fully, but barely. i have to push it the entire way to the floor.

it isnt slipping and it is engaging fully so i dont think there is a problem with the actual clutch. seems like something needs adjusted with the pedal because it is slowly getting worse and im afraid soon i wont be able to get it to disengage at all!

help please and soon i need this transportation

thanks

supraGhost

Dec 14, 2007
PA
ok it is dark out so it was hard to get a good look. it is it in the very top right side of the engine bay? the farthest reservoir in the corner? it was not labeles, jsut had some warnings on the lid. how full should it look? there seemed to be some fluid in the bottom but def not near the top.

supraGhost

Dec 14, 2007
PA
ok i checked under the pedals and there is no moisture whatsoever.

i check the resevoir and it was actually completely empty:aigo: so i filled it up to the top. drove it 15 miles. the clutch is the same, no worse no better. checked the resevoir and it is still full to the top.

BoostedToys

BoostNut
Nov 5, 2007
Louisville
supraGhost;927759 said:
ok i checked under the pedals and there is no moisture whatsoever.

i check the resevoir and it was actually completely empty:aigo: so i filled it up to the top. drove it 15 miles. the clutch is the same, no worse no better. checked the resevoir and it is still full to the top.

Air has probably made its way into the line. You probably also have a leak.
Look for traces of fluid around the slave cylinder, joints and clutch master cylinder. Find and repair the leaks...Get the line bled (similar to bleeding brakes).. enjoy

supraGhost

Dec 14, 2007
PA
ok i will bleed it tomorrow, but as long as i keep topping it off before it gets to low i shouldnt have to keep bleeding it correct?

supraGhost

Dec 14, 2007
PA
so i went to bleed it this morning and i cant locate the bleeder bolt or whatever you call it. i have a manual for the car that explains everything in detal and gives pictures of the parts but it doesnt say where the part is located haha. where is this bleeder?

supraGhost

Dec 14, 2007
PA
i know it is on the slave cylinder but i dont know where the slave cylinder is. do i have to get under the car? i know where the master cylinder is, is it near that?

the directions to bleed it in my manual said i have to cover the bleeder with my finger while i pump the clutch. im guessing this will take two people?

hurry i need to go to work in 10 minutes:biglaugh:

supraGhost

Dec 14, 2007
PA
yup it fixed it. and the fluid level is staying consistantly full so i dont think i have any leaks. i have other issues to deal with now lol. check my other thread lol. thanks!