HELP! 7MGTE Dies - FIXED

Adash =P

May 14, 2009
South Australia
I've put a 7MGTE into my MX83 and the conversion is nearly complete. The problem I'm having now is, it starts and runs for 2 seconds then dies.

Its coming up with an error code of 31

I've checked the conections, wiring and tried a 1UZ AFM to no success.

The motor was in a MA61 before with a manual trans and it ran fine.

I don't know what to do next and I'm stumped :nono:

Last edited:

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
Hi matey, i swapped a 7m into a mx83 as well, what wireing schematic did you follow? are you getting power to the injector power wires on the ecu? Mine had a issue like yours and it was the injector circuit wasn't wired right and wasnt getting the power where it needed to be. Trouble with swaps it's hard to know what you've done. I have the plug pinouts for the mx83 if you want me to post them up for you, getting the 7m to run really only takes a few wires so it shouldnt be too hard to work out.

Adash =P

May 14, 2009
South Australia
Theres a yellow wire coming from the 22 pin ECU side that was conected to the same wire on the Cressida loom, I cut that and its fine.

Now it runs for about 10 seconds when cold then starts to spluttler and wants to stall but it'll start to idle normally after. It does this twice and once its warm it runs fine.

Adash =P

May 14, 2009
South Australia
Not sure, the tacho isn't connected yet. I'm guessing around the 1400 mark, it drops down once its warm though.

I still haven't wired up everything though, I've been adressing other issues. I have to sort everything out then I'll worry about how it runs.