Help:1JZ Resistor wiring/troubleshooting information.

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
I am posting a new thread so as not to confuse anyone with my injector threads.

Also posted n Supra Forums..trying to get help anywhere I can.

I am working on my 1jz and was tracing the injector wiring down to the resistor as it was wired by the previous owner.

For reference, the car starts up without any problem, but to get it to run properly and smoothly is another story.

When the car is idling, it will pop and miss and surge like crazy, and the pop comes out of the injectors area.

Upon opening up the intake and pulling out the injector wiring I found out that they were not wired up to the resistor wires as stated in one of the threads.

Here are the recommended pair ups:

1-4 to Yellow,
2-6 to Black,
3-5 to Red.

I know the above pairing is correct if the injector numbering is from front of engine to back.

On my car, the pairings are different and not in the right batch.

1-2 to Yellow
3-4 to Red
5-6 to Black

And Yes, the harness portion of the black wires are all connected to the Black/Orange.

Will this make my car have symptoms as above? Will miss and not accelerate.Will the injectors POp loudly like those popping firecrackers??

Please let me know, since I am trying to fix a bunch of wiring mess left over from someone else.

Thanks guys>
Moe.

Wiring info I am getting is from here : http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=170792&highlight=resistor+wiring

JDM CRESS

Jun 29, 2005
brooklyn, ny
damn i bought mk4 550s for my 1jz and planned on using that same thread as a guide to wiring them up. hey man i hope you figure that problem out, and i hope i dont run into the same shit with that wiring info.

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
JDM CRESS said:
damn i bought mk4 550s for my 1jz and planned on using that same thread as a guide to wiring them up. hey man i hope you figure that problem out, and i hope i dont run into the same shit with that wiring info.

The first diagram is wrong on that page.

just follow down further and you will see the correct wiring sequence.

USe this image insread , alot clearer courtesy of UAE BooST.

Attachments

• resistor-pack.jpg
    resistor-pack.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 51