Hello

mecevans

Supramania Contributor
Jan 18, 2009
M-bay, cali
hi my name is Michael and i dont own a supra yet but i,m working on it!:icon_bigg my father received a 89 turbo mkiii for free about 2 years ago and from the first sight of it i had to have it. he teaches auto tech at a high school here and sadly the supra just sits. it has new rims,rotors,pads,hks turbo timer,aeromotive fuel reg,stainless steal lines, intake,short shifter and a bunch of other stuff. the only problem with the car is that the previous owner couldn't get it to pass smog but i know that will be easy with some tuning.

now my problem is trying to pry it from his hands. people have offered him up to 8k for this supra and he wont budge. he is a very stubborn man and every time i ask about it he says youll kill yourself. but recently with my good grades and behavior(haven't gotten suspended in 4 years!whoo!:biglaugh:) i have gotten this from him, a big "NO" and now this week a "humph". don't get discouraged this is a major achievement for my situation. hopefully soon i can convince him to let me work on it so i can progress to earning it or something.

IndyMK3

I Hate Godzilla Too!!!!
May 15, 2008
Indianapolis, Indiana
im all for you getting the supra.... just stay on his good side and stay out of trouble.... maybe he will come up off of it....

and yes post up pics

Ash

Greased-Up Deaf Guy
Dec 27, 2008
Grand Forks, BC
Welcome to SM, and good luck on getting your old man to relinquish the car! That would be beyond awesome to get your dream car so young. I have a turbo and I'm jealous of you! If you do get it, make sure you don't disgrace the Supra name by doing something stupid.

If you want to be young and cool, get a Supra.
If you want to be yound and dumb, get a Civic or Mustang.

When you get the car (or sooner) you have to post some more pictures. From what I can see, it looks like that is one sexy colour you've got there. Is that the factory colour, or a re-paint?

mecevans

Supramania Contributor
Jan 18, 2009
M-bay, cali
re-painted. i want to paint it a different color,its wasn't done quite right my dad just took over the auto body shop too and hes going to have an after school class, so ill probably sign up for it.

dont worry i'm not into street racing or drifting, we have a autocross club at an abandoned airport here for that. i'm just really picky when it comes to a good performance car:biglaugh:

mecevans

Supramania Contributor
Jan 18, 2009
M-bay, cali
oh i checked out the interior and its so-so, but all the original parts are in the hatch. i checked for frame damage and dents and everything looks straight and in original shape.

Ash

Greased-Up Deaf Guy
Dec 27, 2008
Grand Forks, BC
mecevans;1241535 said:
re-painted. i want to paint it a different color,its wasn't done quite right my dad just took over the auto body shop too and hes going to have an after school class, so ill probably sign up for it.

dont worry i'm not into street racing or drifting, we have a autocross club at an abandoned airport here for that. i'm just really picky when it comes to a good performance car:biglaugh:
Wow, you are one lucky kid! Enjoy all of that.

Canuckrz

Jan 13, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
mecevans;1241535 said:
Lucky! I don't even have a drag strip or anything within a couple hours of where I live.:3d_frown:

Good luck with getting it from your dad, since its just been sitting there you should have a dang good chance of getting it.