Hello

TurboFreak.com

Jul 27, 2009
Dallas
Hello everyone,
I am Chris Robertson from Dallas, Texas. I build, chip, and tune turbo cars, preferably mid 80's to early 90's rarely seen cars. I race an 11 sec 87 Shelby CSX, daily driver is an 89 Shelby Daytona turbo, and I built the wife an 87 Supra w/ 1JZ-A340E-and CT26 57trim single running a Megasquirt ecu. The Supra sat 7 years in an Oklahoma field so it was alot of work to get to a driveable state and it turned out to be a 5 month build (including Megasquirt) since I only had every day after work. An important peice missing at this point in this build up is a SuprastickV4 controller I am trying to swap parts for, paint work, struts, and interior. Eventually it will be complete, LOL :icon_lol: :nono:
Hope to meet some locals on here. Feel free to visit my website and check out some of my projects and videos http://www.turbofreak.com.
The Supra webpage is very incomplete, so here are some pics.

Chris

First night out of the garage to get fuel.
first_night_out.jpg

Engine
1jz_incar1.jpg

Wires cleaned up and hood back on
car_done1.jpg

car_done_rear.jpg

GotBoost?

I do
Nov 25, 2005
By My Computer
Hello, Chris. Welcome to the forums. Thank you for rescuing and showing Supra love. It's a nice project you have going there, bud. One question: is your auto tranny on the stock torque converter still? Is the tranny itself stock or has it been built? One more thing, any chance you can post pics of that sweet lil truck you have sitting there on the right? We do have an "Other cars" section, you know, and I love them little Japanese trucks. TIA.

PD: Let me know if you're looking for a cheap hood to cover your motor. And hurry up and lower the Supe.

TurboFreak.com

Jul 27, 2009
Dallas
Thanks Boost,

:icon_bigg Maybe I can post some pics of the little mustard Datsun later.
I shimmed the acumulators before I got the car running, but 2nd to 3rd doesn't shift very quick. I need to get some decent clutches installed when I get the chance. It also needs a looser converter by a few hundred RPM than the stocker in it now. The stock trans controller makes the shifts nasty and too early without the control of the stock ecu. If I can sell the R154 soon I can get somewhere faster:icon_bigg. The 154 was nice, but I'm a sucker for a good auto.

Chris

TurboFreak.com

Jul 27, 2009
Dallas
Thanks Zero,

True, I'm not partial to any one type of car. If it has a turbo, I like it :icon_bigg.
The Datsun truck is my step dad's and I believe it is for sell.

Chris

Mungface78

Are you not entertained!!
Jul 9, 2009
florida
Welcome!!! Good to see some peeps keeping the mkiii alive!!!! Clean swap by the way!!!!:naughty: