Hello Nurse

new88sup4me

Jan 25, 2009
Texas For now
Hey Bs, and Gs, just kickin it, reading the threads, im in the process of building my 88 Sup, it has the factory turbo, and it IS a targa top WoOt.
So, im starting with i nice base.
I traded my SB chevy Motor and trans for the whole car +rebuild kit
(pistons, rings, oil pump...etc).
When i got the car it had "a" rod knocking....turned out to be 4, looks like from high milage, not from oil starvation.
I have the engine compartment dissassembled, and the block tore down. from what i can tell the motor Top end has been done recently, but the bottom end....yea.
the bearing issue could be from a blown head gasket, and water getting in the oil. at this point, im trying to figure out what direction to go in...the wiring harness is crap, a new factory one i found for $650, but i can get a MS efi set up for less then 600, and convert over to map.....

My goal for the car Is not 1/4 mile, but road course, daily driving, and 500ish HP under full boost (wanna get decent gas mileage with my foot out of the pedal)
SO anyway sayin high Bs, and Gs, send me an email any time, im in the houston texas area for now, and im just about always willing to come over and work on anything
Nick

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
Welcome! This forum is full of wonerful information to help you with your build. Pics of your new toy would be great.

The title brought this to mind...

HelloNurse.jpg

new88sup4me

Jan 25, 2009
Texas For now
MMM yes the nurse..........
Here are some pics, i just finished SCRUBING the block, and getting it read for...im not sure yet.....
More news soon....i am forum retarded so as soon as i can figure out how to start my daily post i will :D :icon_evil

Attachments

• Copy of DSCF5304.jpg
    Copy of DSCF5304.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 4
  • DSCF5724.jpg
    DSCF5724.jpg
    229.6 KB · Views: 7
  • DSCF5731.jpg
    DSCF5731.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 4
  • DSCF5732.jpg
    DSCF5732.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 5
  • DSCF5738.jpg
    DSCF5738.jpg
    243.2 KB · Views: 4

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Welcome, Nick. Why do you think it was rod-knocked due to high mileage? I find that unlikely. :)

Rodknock is generally an end result to a lax owner.

new88sup4me

Jan 25, 2009
Texas For now
shaeff;1236617 said:
Welcome, Nick. Why do you think it was rod-knocked due to high mileage? I find that unlikely. :)

Rodknock is generally an end result to a lax owner.

well, as far as barings...umm see for your self, it looks more like high milage, then anything else...BUT it has ARP hardwear in the head, so it coud have been run with water in the oil....and the didnt get it all out when they did the head gasket......

Attachments

• DSCF5436.JPG
    DSCF5436.JPG
    447.5 KB · Views: 7