Hello from Toronto!

mista_mr2

Feb 11, 2013
Toronto
Hey all,

Picked up a 92 JZS147 Aristo mostly stock about a year ago. For those of you who are un-familiar, its a Japan-imported right hand drive version of the Lexus GS300, except it comes with the 2JZ-GTE. Basically a 4 door JZA80 supra, with so many parts that cross over from engine to chassis.

Got lucky with the car - came with a blown headgasket and blown turbo *sigh*, started diagnosing with the usual thermostat replacement, heater core flushing, new rad, changed turbos and all water hoses... but it still got worse as the summer progressed, still got some track time in though, between overheats!

Pulled the engine and replaced the turbos with vvti ones, front main and cam seals, valve cover gaskets, all hoses, coil pack wiring, pcv, timing belt, tensioner, idler... etc etc while I was in there.

mods:
Upgraded to 3.5in cat back exhaust, Blitz BOV, hi flow air filter, full intake converted to 2.5in hard pipes and fair sized FMIC, mishimoto Rad, crown vic tranny/ps cooler, JZA80 engine mounts, cusco zero coilovers, 19" AMG rims (got them real cheap).

I tried to give it best case aside from replacing the headgasket, knowing that if I opened it up that I would blow a lot of $$$ upgrading while I was in there, ultimately delaying the project. (already have a AW11 s/c in a billion pieces for 2 years.)

I recently got a spare 2JZ for $400, but its also fooked (blown gasket on no.2 and spun rod and main bearings, urgh) so I'm currently rebuilding that sucker to get the car back on the track. R154 swap also happening when it all goes in the car.

I belong to several other 2JZ-car related communities, expanding my knowledge base to avoid asking questions. I'm a believer in the search function, so I'll only ask questions

I'm not sure how accepted I'll be here, but I figured it would be worth a shot.

Here are some pics.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

current engine bay shot
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

cooked
sm_photo_missing.jpg

pulling engine to change turbos - PITA!
sm_photo_missing.jpg

the spare 2J - gross
sm_photo_missing.jpg

the spare 2J stripped down
sm_photo_missing.jpg

I have a (local) question but I've read the rules and will post it separately.

Thanks,

-Don

mista_mr2

Feb 11, 2013
Toronto
87supramario;1914127 said:
Looks like fun! Ever go to Cayuga much?

Yessir, 3 times so far, once with the Aristo.

they were only running 1/8th's... did a 9.566 its mostly stock and I couldn't get a decent launch.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

87supramario

Jul 15, 2011
Niagara falls
Yeah I've only been there about that many times. I'd like to go again to their CSCS events. The first one is always huge! Only been there once with the Supra myself.