Hello From the North!

cartel1_950

supra is gone
Jan 30, 2006
calgary
CDNSUPRA said:
Anybody from the Penticton/Kelowna area? My buddy (and maybe me) was planning on going down there for Peach Fest. He's trying to find some info on the racing down there, because of the altitude change, he was looking to see what he could run down there. Any info on tracks or ANYTHING in the souther Okanagan would be awesome! Thanks.

hey if your still looking for a place to stay PM my family owns a bunch of hotels and stuff. could proably get you in and maybe a supra deal

CDNSUPRA

1JZGTE
Jun 4, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
Well guys, I have frgotten to update all of you (my bad)... Plans changed, and my 92 Toyota Supra 2.5 Twin Turbo is on the boat coming over from Japan as we... type. Targa top with just over 80k Kms. It has intake, exhaust (not sure if it's cat bck , or full yet), mbc, boost gauge, suspension and rims. Photos will be up when she gets to this wonderful country sometime in the next couple of weeks!

Cartel, depending where the hotels are located, and what price you can get me, I just might be interested! :D

Anyways, I'll be sure to keep everyone posted on when it gets here, and everything leading up to it!

CDNSUPRA

1JZGTE
Jun 4, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
p925844_1.jpg

p925844_2.jpg

p925844_3.jpg

p925844_4.jpg

n514282497_291907_5724.jpg

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
CDNSUPRA;663927 said:
Anybody from the Penticton/Kelowna area? My buddy (and maybe me) was planning on going down there for Peach Fest. He's trying to find some info on the racing down there, because of the altitude change, he was looking to see what he could run down there. Any info on tracks or ANYTHING in the souther Okanagan would be awesome! Thanks.
I spend a fair amount of time up there in the summer, the wife's folks have a place on the lake. The problem with racing in the OK in the summer is the raw temperatures... high 30s most of the time, except when it creeps above the 40 mark. Hell, it rarely seems to drop below 25 even at NIGHT. That will boost your intake temps quite a bit...

You can't beat the location though. Kelowna has a mall with the highest percentage of hot young ladies shopping in it that I've ever seen, and I've been all over. It beats California, Miami, Hawaii, and the Caribbean no problem. It's like post WW2 France, after all the men died in the war.

30-40 degree weather pretty much ensures they don't wear much, too. Actually, high temps are only bad for racing, every other way I can think of they are awesome. Freshwater watersports rock, too, way nicer than saltwater. Add in awesome skiing, mountain biking, fresh fruit and vegetables that are second to none, and it's a trip you'll never regret.

Cripes, I think I've got myself convinced to move there. I'll have to buy some other car to use in the winter, though. :)

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
CDNSUPRA;926512 said:
Jayhall, you work at customs?

not exactly. I work at a port of entry for new cars. And as im sure you know, the used cars just get put on the same boat. As i recall yours was roll on with a subaru boat. It came with the first batch of 08 STi's. I did all the throw in parts so i spent alot of time in that offload area.