Hello from Savannah, Georgia

cshunter

Sep 5, 2013
Georgia
Hello All,

Looking to pick up a MK3 90-92 Preferably with a 2jz. If I can not find one with a swap already, then I have no issues with buying the engine separate at least I know what will have been done to it.
I am new to the platform and 7M,1jz,2jz engines. I have already been surprised on how much the engines can take! I am coming from only having turbo'd 4 cylinders, so it is exciting to see how easy and reliable it is to make power with the engines. Also I will not be doing any of this until at least ~10 months or so from now, after I move to Kentucky/Tennessee, so plenty of time to read and decide.

Goals for the car will be to make it reliable and partial DD, it will primarily be my weekend fun car.
I am not looking for any crazy numbers, but looking for maybe 600-650hp.

I think the hardest thing about all this will be to find one with the swap already or to find a 90-92 with the R154 transmission. I also want a 90-92 since I heard it's a little bit easier to do the swap with, because of the sub frame in earlier years.

Other then that depending on money at the time, I will possibly be looking for an EFR series trubo and a nice manifold to mate that with other supporting items with that.

I have not decided on fueling yet, but will likely try to achieve said goals with just 93 pump gas. Also not quite sure yet on what I'll need either.

ECU/Engine Management, I will likely go with AEM, but always open to other options.

I can imagine down the road I will do more to the car, but for now that is what I have for now. Also I can imagine my wife hating this car, for taking time away from her lol....

Thanks for reading and any future help.