Hello everyone :)

Mk37mgte

Genie
Mar 26, 2013
North port FL,
Hi guys, been reading the site for an awful long while now and decided it was time to join. I own a 1988 mk3 and am in love with this car. I have some tech and mechanical questions I finally need answered and I hope I can get some good insight through you guys to finish my ride. My little turd is turbo II red has a few decent mods done to it but I tasted boost and we know how that ends. I run a rebuilt 7mgte, obx top mount, 3 inch downpipe with 3 inch exhaust and a apex muffler. Have rewired the motor bay as well as the interior. Put in a borg Warner airwerks 1.15 ar hot side turbo and a godspeed fmic with all new piping. Manual boost controller and a 5 speed r154 swap. I live in the North Carolina area and would like to meet some other enthusiasts if at all possible. Well glad to be here and look forward to chatting with you guys. image.jpg

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
clean car dude, sounds pretty quick too. Bet you'll find something on here to help you on your way, alot of good tuners and information about tuning too. sounds like you could get huge gains with your mods from that. I got a red ttr but I wish the body looked like that lol, but I have about as much as you under the hood now.

Mk37mgte

Genie
Mar 26, 2013
North port FL,
Thanks very much. It's getting there. I got it and it was a hack job. Drove it twice then parked it when I blew the stock turbo. Been working on it since and just got it back on the road. Having a boost cut or fuel cut issue as of now ... Looking to get some injectors and a lexus maf hopefully, have yet to get it to fully boost :icon_eek::3d_frown:

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
thats about all you need some 550's and the maf and your boost cut issue should be gone. the stock injectors aren't good past 12.5 psi and most boost controllers creep up so if you try to run 10 you can still hit fuelcut. 7ms quite a bit different from my 1jz but best i can get is 440s but I'm not planning on going past 16 lbs with my current turbo set-up.

Mk37mgte

Genie
Mar 26, 2013
North port FL,
I daily drive it so far and don't get me wrong i can still chew a Honda even with boost cut just have to shift before 5 grand in every gear turbo starts pulling extremely hard around 4100 rpm and sucks you back. Just got to be careful . I have about 6 grand tied up at the moment and I don't want to ruin it -_- been wanting one since I was 16 and I am it turning 27 so dream come true so to speak. I have an aftermarket fpr I am installing and a 255 Wally in the box still just have to find a lexus maf still... And I am saving for a clutch out before the injectors . Looking at a clutchmasters stage 4 kit , 3400 lbs pressure ceramic 6 puck and 11 lbs flywheel. Comes with a new pilot and throw out. No reason to power it when the clutch can't hold it ;)

itsDELUXson

Jan 2, 2013
Ventura County
plus.google.com
Mk37mgte;1926221 said:
I daily drive it so far and don't get me wrong i can still chew a Honda even with boost cut just have to shift before 5 grand in every gear turbo starts pulling extremely hard around 4100 rpm and sucks you back. Just got to be careful . I have about 6 grand tied up at the moment and I don't want to ruin it -_- been wanting one since I was 16 and I am it turning 27 so dream come true so to speak. I have an aftermarket fpr I am installing and a 255 Wally in the box still just have to find a lexus maf still... And I am saving for a clutch out before the injectors . Looking at a clutchmasters stage 4 kit , 3400 lbs pressure ceramic 6 puck and 11 lbs flywheel. Comes with a new pilot and throw out. No reason to power it when the clutch can't hold it ;)

Sounds like you're in the same position I was in. Wanted one since the highschool days and I'll be turning 27 this year so I finally pulled the trigger and got mine in December. Had a blown head gasket when I got it so had to strip it down and throw in an HKS MHG and some ARP bolts. I've only driven the car a hand full of times and an currently taking the engine harness out to repair a bunch of wires (It was to the point where you would touch a cluster of wires and the car would shut off) Haven't experienced her full boost potential but babying it, I can already tell it'll be fun to drive. I need to either find a stock AFM or get some 550s and FP soon so I can have her on the road again.

Best of luck to you with your car. Cheers

Sent from my rooted Galaxy S III

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
stage 4 clutch? only bad thing is the heavy dutyness of it if your daily driving bc thats a race clutch. I;d just get a stage 2 unless your going over 450RWHP, or else ask around what a good custom clutch is, I heard you can get 4 discs clutch instead of 6 might be a lil less chattery don't know what you all need to run it though.

Mk37mgte

Genie
Mar 26, 2013
North port FL,
For right now I am puting in a oem clutch kit , my girl works at advance so I got a huge discount on the pressure clutch and throw out with a pilot. 89 bucks I couldn't say no , and I understand the oem can handle 400 bhp which should be fine for what I need now. I get one free swap on it and then 90 days on the 3rd one , pretty much get to destroy 3 clutch kits while I save for a new one that's more aggressive. And true story on the stage 4 think I am going to stick with the stage 2 being as it is my daily. And delux I hope you get it soon , they are well worth the wait and effort.