Hello all, 92 Turbo here

mkthree92

Supramania Contributor
Jan 21, 2007
AL
Hello everyone.

Having been a member for a little while now, I figured it was about time to introduce myself. My name's Matt, and I'm a 20 year old college student. I currently live in Alabama where I moved almost 4 years ago from my hometown of Richmond, VA.

I have a 1992 AT Supra Turbo, targa top, with Super Red paint and Shadow Gray interior. My dad is the original owner of the car which was bought new back in the summer of 1993. I still even have the original window sticker which lists the car at $33,170, but was knocked off some since it was bought in 93. According to the records, it was brought down from DE to VA and my dad bought it with about 1600 miles on it (it had been a dealer car). It now has around 136,000 and still running strong.

Prior to the 92, my dad had a Navy Supra (I believe 87) as well. My 92 is pretty much stock which I plan to keep that way for the most part. It is currently my daily driver, and although I hate to rack up miles on it, I love driving it. I can still remember sitting in the back seat as a kid.

My Supra has been very reliable with only a few flaws over the years. It's had a little problem burning oil, although nothing in quite sometime. The headgasket was replaced about 3 years when it was starting to go bad. Other than that, it's been mechanically great. A few other few interior issues, which have been fixed or are not major issues.

As I'm sure you've probably noticed, there are sawblades on my 92. These came off the older Supra my dad had, and I no longer have the 5-spokes. I've been trying to find some wheels I really like, and until I do, the blades will work.

I'll probably be more of a lurker than a poster, but I do enjoy seeing what you all are doing with your Supra's.

Here are a few pictures. More are in my gallery.

2351916_53_full.jpg

2351916_23_full.jpg

2351916_34_full.jpg

2351916_40_full.jpg

2351916_36_full.jpg

Last edited:

mkthree92

Supramania Contributor
Jan 21, 2007
AL
Thanks, swaq. You've got a great looking 91 there.

I was just out to Washington and Oregon for a trip a few weeks ago and couldn't believe how many Supras I saw- MKII, MKIII, and MKIV.

Great to see you guys keeping them up and looking good.

mkthree92

Supramania Contributor
Jan 21, 2007
AL
Thanks for the welcome, guys. You all have great looking Supras as well.

Joe, you got a great looking 92. If I didn't have my red 92, then I'd definitely want a black one.

Swaq, thanks for the link. I'll look into that site. I'd love to know how many of these are still rolling around.

Thanks, x87SUPRA87x, NA86.5, 2543arvin.

gtsfirefighter, Thanks for the comments. You've got a very nice looking and clean Supra. Can't see a flaw on it. Nice work.

Last edited:

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
^ yea.... sawblades

Nice car dude, 92 ftw. Good luck w/ it and nice to see its a car thats been in the family, now do the stuff to it that your dads been afraid to do.