Hello 911? I'm a dumbass....

Squid699

Manic Mechanic
Mar 30, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
So I'm driving home from work and get behind an obviously drunk driver. After a mile or two, its so bad I have to call 911. They ask me to follow him and stick around to talk to the officer when they pull him over. A couple miles down the road, the kid turns left into a neighborhood and floors it. The idiot misses a turn, goes into a ditch and flips his car into someones driveway. Damage: 2 downed mailboxes, bashed up a parked VW Passat wagon and totaled his ford contour - I'd give it about a 7 on aerial execution. The kid then jumps out of the car and tries to tell me it's his house. When I told him the cops were on the way, he took off running. So......I had to sit around for an hour talking to cops and waiting for them to pick him up (he lived a couple blocks away) so I could ID him. Kid was crying and yelling at the cop when they brought him back to the scene...........going to court for this should be interesting.....18, just graduated HS......some people just have to learn the hard way.

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
Oh man thats some interesting shit... That kid totally ruined a few years of his life for one night of stupidity.
That's the kind of shit you wish they caught on Cops.

Squid699

Manic Mechanic
Mar 30, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
Yeah, the passenger side was bashed in so bad that a second person would've died....I'm amazed he stayed in the car, let alone jumped out and started talking to me.

EDIT: One of the other witnesses was pretty hot - need to get her number if she shows up at court. lol

exander

Anything but Lurker
May 23, 2006
colorado
DreamerTheresa said:
Fucker deserves it.
I never said he didn't. But what makes me mad is when drunk drivers get away with it and then I got stuck with a felony speeding ticket and I was completely sober and wasn't putting anyone in danger.

CFSapper

AKA Slient_sniper
Apr 24, 2006
Chilliwack
Dont ever go there i have a pic of what a drunk drive did to my frount yard.
before
p275992_1.jpg

during
p275992_2.jpg

after
p275992_3.jpg

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
+1 man, glad you called his ass in.
I hate fuckers like this.
Hope he doesnt drive till his about 25

N

NDBoost

silent_sniper i lol'd @ those pics...

+1 for thread creator stepping up....

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
exander said:
I never said he didn't. But what makes me mad is when drunk drivers get away with it and then I got stuck with a felony speeding ticket and I was completely sober and wasn't putting anyone in danger.

Are you saying that you were innocent? How fast were you going?

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
Def +1for stepping up!

I really can't stand people these days that see a crime and have the attitude of "Don't wanna get involved."

Its your responsiblity as an adult of society to get involved.

87CandyBlueT

Banned
Feb 8, 2006
Kentucky (NKY)
Good job man. I hate drunk drivers. My friends were hit head on by a drunk woman going 75mph in a 45mph zone. My friend has terrible brain damage (no short term memory), his friend is in vegative state, and the girl in the back is okay but she has some problems with her back. That's the stupidiest thing you can do is get out on the road when your drinking. I hope they throw the book at him, I know I couldn't give him a fair trial. Luckily no one was hurt. You did the right thing.

ChadMKIII

Yup, Thats The G/F
Jul 14, 2006
Bay Area, Ca
Driving drunk really is so stupid. Its not like you cant call a cab or something.
Its just being selfish and not caring about abyone else.

I wish I had pictures, but I knew someone who lives on a decently busy, but low speed (around 40ish) road. A lady, who I'm pretty sure wasn't drunk-just lost control, actually plowed through his FIREPLACE and ended up with her car IN his LIVING ROOM!!!

And, like everyone else said, good job for calling the cops and waiting there to ID him. Too many other morons would've just tried to get out of his way and get one with their lives.

exander

Anything but Lurker
May 23, 2006
colorado
rakkasan said:
Are you saying that you were innocent? How fast were you going?
No I wasn't innocent, but all I was doing was driving somewhat fast. I hear about so many drunk drivers that just get a slap on the wrist if that. Look at New Mexico for example. They have people that have like 8 dui's and still have their liscense. In my case it was the first time I've ever been pulled over and they try and stick me with a felony. That's bullshit, I lose half my legal rights because of a speeding ticket.

Oh yeah, I was only going 90