heating

s7mgte

Apr 16, 2007
ny
i have the heater core bypasses with a hose attatching the two sides.. the nipples that come out of the fire wall for the hose to attatch to to go inside to the heatercore and such are collapsed. they look kind of complicated to replace. does anyone know how to do this?

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 30, 2005
MKE, WI
Replacing the heater core requires taking the dash apart.
Do a search and you will find it.

s7mgte

Apr 16, 2007
ny
Piratetip;910604 said:
Replacing the heater core requires taking the dash apart.
Do a search and you will find it.

i dont need to replace the heater core though.. i need to replace the little nipples that come out of the firewall where the coolant lines connect to.

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 30, 2005
MKE, WI
Its a 1 piece unit, you have to replace it all.
Lots o' work.

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
Here is a good link (taken from supras.com) that will help you out. It is quite a job, but take your time, put all of the screws from each step into a baggy and label them as you go and you will save yourself a lot of frustration and a lot of money. Local shops around here wanted close to $1000 for the job. I think a new heater core from NAPA costs around $60.

illegal88

Banned
Sep 26, 2005
Rockford, MI
mine collapsed also when i was pitting in the last engine. I used nut drivers and a hammer to open it back up. use nut drivers since the socket end doesnt come off and get stuck inside start with smaller to larger, also use a spray lubricant like wd40 it makes it slide easier. remember you are reshaping it so small whacks and dont force it. It is soft metal and it will open back up agian if you dont force it and crack it