heater problem

lifted

Jun 13, 2006
memphis
when i turn my heater on it makes this humming noise, its almost like when you stick a card in the spokes of a bike. it gets louder the higher you turn the heat. it also does this with the ac. every once and a while it doesnt do it. any ideas how to fix it.

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
Sounds like something's caught in the blower. Isn't the blower accessible without pulling the dash?

JoeyD

Feb 5, 2007
Oceanside, CA
you know, in my car.. only the AC works on 'HIGH', low & medium do not work at all.. and all the buttons on the bottom row(defrost, etc) only work so long as you are holding in a button otherwise it just goes back to the HIGH mode... heater does not work..

and as for that humming noise, for me i only hear that when i'm on the freeway.. freakin' loud ass humming to!

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
lifted said:
when i turn my heater on it makes this humming noise, its almost like when you stick a card in the spokes of a bike. it gets louder the higher you turn the heat. it also does this with the ac. every once and a while it doesnt do it. any ideas how to fix it.

Something is stuck in your blower motor or it could be going out. If I'm not mistaken, you should be able to access the blower motor from under the hood. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

ValgeKotkas

Supramania Contributor
Apr 14, 2006
Over the pond
If you have heatercore problem, get your dash out, that's not very hard at all actually :) Just done that(repairing heatercore too btw.)

saxman47

May 19, 2006
Northern NJ
JoeyD said:
you know, in my car.. only the AC works on 'HIGH', low & medium do not work at all.. and all the buttons on the bottom row(defrost, etc) only work so long as you are holding in a button otherwise it just goes back to the HIGH mode... heater does not work..

and as for that humming noise, for me i only hear that when i'm on the freeway.. freakin' loud ass humming to!

"missing" fan speeds is a common problem. Try this http://www.supras.com/06/techcenter/display.php?QID=56

George

oct86
Feb 18, 2007
Brown County
Sounds like the heater fan. Or mice in the heater box:icon_bigg . they store their little acorns in there and then they rattle around, the vermin.