heater core install

s7mgte

Apr 16, 2007
ny
Does anyone know approximately how long it takes to install a heatercore in an 88 7mgte?

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
That depends entirely on how many times you've done it. It doesn't take me very long, but for a first-timer, set aside an entire day. :)

By the way- where in NY are you?

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
yeah ive never done it...but i have pulled the dash out of a supra and it looks like a royal pain in the ass!!!!!! getting the dash out was a pain in the ass in itself!

s7mgte

Apr 16, 2007
ny
shaeff;1202773 said:
That depends entirely on how many times you've done it. It doesn't take me very long, but for a first-timer, set aside an entire day. :)

By the way- where in NY are you?
I live in kingston ny, ha i see that you live near kingston too.. maybe you want to do it for me and ill pay you. I dont have much ime to be dealing with it plus ive never done it haha

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
The job manages to both suck and blow at the same time!
(done it a few times)

My theory on it is in the Toyota factory they have a stand that holds the heater core then the robot builds the car around it :)

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
IJ.;1203054 said:
The job manages to both suck and blow at the same time!
(done it a few times)

My theory on it is in the Toyota factory they have a stand that holds the heater core then the robot builds the car around it :)

Yeah, you're not kidding! I've done it a few times too. I agree w/ the Toyota factory comment 100%!