Heater core anyone?

ratpick63

detroit iron defector
May 4, 2006
Glendale, CA
On my way to work this morning noticed that sickly sweet smell of antifreeze. Hmmm, that's odd. And my windsheilds fogging up when it's almost 70 and low humidity. My heater cores leaking! Anyone replaced one on these mkIIIs? Does the dash have to come out or is accessable from underneath it or the engine bay side?

Joel W.

Just A Jedi
Nov 7, 2005
Washington
Ohh fun. Yes, The dash needs to be fully removed sadly enough for heater core replacement. It seems like a major job but actually went pretty easy imo. I did mine last summer in about 3 hrs..

ratpick63

detroit iron defector
May 4, 2006
Glendale, CA
Know of any diagrams or anything online? Did you have to pull the center console? I hate interior work. Pulled several dashes before, always seems like there's one or two well hidden bolts.

oscolivar1

Supraism
Feb 8, 2006
Virginia beach
ratpick63 said:
Know of any diagrams or anything online? Did you have to pull the center console? I hate interior work. Pulled several dashes before, always seems like there's one or two well hidden bolts.

i hate interior work... and so i brought it to my uncles shop....i thnk all he did was remove the entire dash to get to the heater core which is underneath the passanger side...it took him a while to take out everything and installing it and then putting it togather was a breeze

Sparkynutz

Sad previous supra owner
Feb 27, 2006
Waupun, WI
do you need one? i have all the fans and stuff from a 90 na. not sure which part is wich, 3 white boxes basically. $5 each plus shipping. lmk,
thanks,
Ryan