Heat Smells

Apostle

Jun 3, 2007
Philly
This is my first time driving the car with the heat on, and it smells kind of funky. I'm wondering if it's possibly my BIC ddp leaking out some exhaust. Any thoughts?

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Rather unlikely. The intake for the climate control is next to the windshield wipers, so you would have to be missing your hood seal as well as leaking from the top of the DP.

I've had the exhaust manifold to head seal leak, and I've had the EGR cooler leak as well, but I've never had a problem with the turbo to manifold or turbo to DP seal.

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
chances are, you'd smell an exhaust leak all the time, not just when the heat is on. Chances are you are smelling 20 years of dust blowing out of your heater core.

Apostle

Jun 3, 2007
Philly
adampecush;1185765 said:
chances are, you'd smell an exhaust leak all the time, not just when the heat is on. Chances are you are smelling 20 years of dust blowing out of your heater core.

Nah it doesnt smell when the heat is off.

Perhaps it could be the dust, it doesn't smell all that bad to the point where i'm holding my breath. But when I drive my newer car the hot air is nice and fresh :icon_surp.