Heat Problem

Sik89supra

Jan 13, 2009
Delta PA
ok i just wanna get some feed back before i dig into this problem and see if anyone has had this problem or can give me an idea on what should be checked, the problem im haveing is ill have heat when i got the controller set to 85, but when i turn it down to 84 or lower the heat goes away and blows cold, and it gets a lil toasty in there at 85 all the time, so any time i try to turn the heat down alil (anything under 85) it blows cold. Any help would be great Thanks -Matt

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Check The Heater Valve And Make Sure It Is Working, Maybe A Clogged Heatercore. Just Guessing Though. That Is Weird That One Degree Would Make That Much Of A Difference.

Sik89supra

Jan 13, 2009
Delta PA
I know Right, well the valve is bypassed and the heater core is new maybe 5 months old so i know thats not the problem, Im going to dig into the problem tonight. We'll see what happens.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Should be in general, so I moved it.

To the problem, it's not the valve (if it was, you wouldn't have heat AT ALL), it's something in the control system (cabin temp sensor, light sensor).

Sik89supra

Jan 13, 2009
Delta PA
Thanks for moving my post Poodles, well i got the looking at it and found out that some how the carpet got jambed in the blend door actuator, now how that would have made the heat only blow hot air on 85 im not sure but while i was looking at it i saw the carpet and moved it and tested it and it worked. thats the only thing i touched so that had to be it, but ill give it a few days and see what happens. thanks for the help -Matt

blacjack

Jan 18, 2006
Maryland
I have the reverse problem. I get warm air as soon as I set temp to 66 degrees. I have to set to 65 to get completely cold air.