Heard the turbo spool up for the first time

sorcereur

MKIII Revolution Inc.
Mar 31, 2005
NC
Few years ago, my cousin of mine came down and thought his early 90 celica GT-S was the bomb. I told him i bought an 87 supra turbo and he thought it was a POS when he saw it. I had a mbc, 3" exhaust, and intake. MBC was set to 13psi.
I took it out the driveway slowly and went out of the neighborhood slowly as to not piss off the already hating neighbors. I stopped at the stop sign at the end of the street and got ready to make a right turn. I held the gas at 2500rpms, slipped the clutch and when she started spooling I dropped the clutch. I got her sideways, countersteered and floored it in a straight line. Shifted to 2nd hella fast and she ripped her rear tires in search of traction. She hooked and pulled like a freight train. All this in a matter of seconds. Then i let off and let her coast.
I looked at him and he was holding on to the oh shit handle as if his life depended on it. He said that was the wildest card he ever went it, and said i was crazy. :cool:
This year, he rode in Pioneer's car that puts down 400hp, he screamed like a biatch once the wastegate screamed through the divorced downpipe. He said we got some crazy cars.

souprat

Mar 30, 2005
fairfax VA
my supra was the first turbo car i ever drove. i had driven 200 miles with my dad in one day to go buy it cuz it was the only one i could find that i liked(new paint, raidiator, rebuilt turbo, perfect intreior, not to brag). for the whole 200 miles home i would just floor it and boost for alittle bit, then slow down and then do it all over. i grinned so much my cheeks were aching by the end of the day. it's that sound! damn! i love it. but when i saw the gauge shoot up to 6.5psi my word(s) were:

BBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSTTTTT!!!!