Headlights slightly off sync

Shazzy

Dec 20, 2011
Texas
So some time during my 1jz swap my headlights started doing all sorts of weird things and eventually stopped working. After going through the car I found that the integration relay inside had gone bad. I found another one and replaced it and now my headlights work fine except for one thing, the left headlight is now faster than the right and is out of sync. When I turn on the lights it pops up faster than the right one and starts to close then stops when the right one is fully open. Same thing when they turn off. I've adjusted the arm as much as I could to make them open up evenly at least but it's still off when they close. Could the relay be part of the problem or is my right headlight motor going bad? Never happened before the old relay went bad they worked perfect in sync with each other.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
You may have gotten a bad integration relay. That's what I think it is being the only thing you changed. But I can say I have seen stranger things happen with electronics so you may have a weak motor.

If double check all connections and fuses and alignment on the motors and all that first tho.

Shazzy

Dec 20, 2011
Texas
hvyman;2017924 said:
You may have gotten a bad integration relay. That's what I think it is being the only thing you changed. But I can say I have seen stranger things happen with electronics so you may have a weak motor.

If double check all connections and fuses and alignment on the motors and all that first tho.
I checked the circuit board inside and it looks real clean and fresh idk. I'll double check the connections and fuses again.
Another MkIII;2017927 said:
Have you tried turning the manual knob so that are both completely closed at the same time?

-AM3
Yes sir I've done that many times and it didn't work. The light always goes off sync again