Headlights popup out of sync - HELP!

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
After reinstalling the headlight system, my headlights popup out of sequence and not in-sync with eachother. Sometimes 1 pops up when I turn the lights off, and hide when I turn the lights on. They do not fully close or open, instead they may open all the way and start to close and stop.

I started messing around unplugging them and turning the knobs thinking that perhaps I started the whole sequence wrong, sort of like the CPS sensor would work.

I looked in TSRM and TEWD and they both show me all the details about voltages and such, but doesn't mention about this issue.

Riceman83

Eat rice it funds my mk3
Sep 9, 2012
Arkansas
I had the same problem and I ended up having to switch the two wires that raise and close. Get your electrical diagram and switch the two wires on the one going different than your switching.

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
Checking the arm was the last resort as I didn't want to take it apart, specially because I didn't remember removing the arms, but after some serious thinking I realized that I did remove them!

I'll try re arranging the arms and report back. Thanks for the help!

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Just flip one 180*.

I have skinny arms and can reach in there with the black plastic cover off iirc.

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
Got 'em fixed - Thanks! It was a challenge but having the engine bay empty and a big hole for the FFIM pipes helped. I had to play around with them since it wasn't an exact 180* but rather all over the place.