headlight switch malfunction????

wizeguy707

Nov 3, 2008
Texarkana, TX
I've never heard of this happening before, but go figure it would to me. My headlight switch made a loud "pop", at which point the outter piece(the blinker switch) became free moving(360 degrees). It also moved about 2mm away from the stationary part of the switch. All lights still work, but there seems to be no stopping point when you rotate the end to turn on or off your lights. At the same time this happened my turbo gauge also began to malfunction. It is now stuck on 1 psi. It goes all the way down when turned off, but back up as soon as the car is started. Anyone have a clue how to attack this animal???? :1zhelp: Or had a similar happening with this combo?

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
I have the combination switch in my parts thread (link in my sig), and it is starting on ebay tonight because the thread is dying a slow death. It is from an 89. That could be an upgrade for you, or it may not work at all in the earlier car, I don't know.

And, Yes, I have had that problem in 2 different Supras. It is a common problem, and thus the reason for the price being as high as it is.

The boost gauge is probably an age thing as well. They are known to be inaccurate at times.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Pop the end cap off and tighten the screw (hard to do without breaking the end cap though)

Boost gauge isn't broke, betcha the vacuum line popped off the back of the manifold..