Headlight rewire w/ foglight rewire for HIDs

eman2289

Noob..but not incompetent
Feb 23, 2007
Jersey
Let me start by saying that I am not looking for more info on the reliability, lighting quality, or how they blind other drivers. I have seen all of this. I have also seen the Daniel stern lighting page.

Here is my question.

Without running a new wire all the way to the battery post (which is in the back of my car), where would the best place be to tap into in order to power my head and foglights which are hids. The stern page says that a good place is at the alternator. Something about a "b" terminal, if i remember correctly. I am unsure of what exactly this is. I would also like to put them on key power.

For my fogs, I tapped into a key power wire under my fuse box. It is a red and black wire that goes into the plug second from drivers side. It was a risk because i do not know what it was originally for, but I have not had a problem. I would now like to add my headlights, but I do not think it would be a good idea to tap into the same wire.

I need someone to give me either a detailed description of which source to use, or even provide a picture of it. Thanks in advance!

Cliffs.-- Where did you take your power from for your HID headlights and foglights? (without running an independent wire from the battery in the trunk)

turboguy327

Sep 11, 2009
Rochester ny
Alternator main post??? You need to make a relay harness for HID's. Get main power from alternator post or where ever you have your main battery cable going to. Get the turn on signal from the low beam circuit. Gotta make sure you wire it so the low beam circuit is always hot with a diode or your headlights will turn off when you hit the high beam.

LAYZORBEEMZ

JZX73 owner
Jun 28, 2009
Maple Ridge, B.C.
I wanted to do an hid conversion on my fogs and rewire them to a switch on the dash. Did you use the stock lights then put in hids? I was told you'd have to get a better lense...