Having throttle issues

Ratrodtaylor

Jan 24, 2013
Utah
So I bought an 87 supra bout 6 months ago with a blown head gasket and a weird loping idle. I fixed the head gasket and the idle issue (ended up being a seized bearing on one of the vacuum valves that is bolted the the intake manifold.(Can't remember what it's called at the moment)). anyway the throttle acts kinda strangely in the way that i can't hold a steady speed. it's either slightly accelerating or no throttle at all which is very annoying especially since this is making it so that we can't hold the throttle at 2500 rpm to do emissions testing cause as soon as i hit 2k rpm it either starts surging slightly or jumps into the 3k range and if you let off just a tiny bit it drops back below the 2k range. any ideas of what might be causing this? thanks in advance.

Ratrodtaylor

Jan 24, 2013
Utah
My original thought was also the TPS but i've played with that a few times with no luck. although it did kinda seem like it wasn't reading the right resistance when i was testing it but i can't remember since that was like 3 months back. i'll have to test it again and double check what the readings are that i'm getting out of it.