Having some issues

Mk37mgte

Genie
Mar 26, 2013
North port FL,
Hi everyone, a little new here so not sure where to post this, hope this is the right area.
I have a 1988 with 7mgte and r154. Car was originally automatic , it has top mount manifold borg Warner 1.15 ar airwerks turbo 3 inch down to full 3 inch exhaust into apexi muffler. Aftermarket fmic kit from godspeed and a manual turbonetics boost controller.
I have a safc2 sitting in the back seat that I removed from the car, seemed it was making things worst. I am trying to figure out which is a better route to go for right now as I am having a baby soon and money is going elsewhere fast ... The car is hitting boost or fuel cut around 4500 rpm and the turbo begins spool around 2700. I have read many pages here before joining and I am wondering if there is anyway to get over the cut without changing the injectors right away. Maybe doing a Wally 255 with a pressure regulator with the lexus maf ? Or possibly a map ecu, guy has one for sale for 150 bucks and lives pretty close. Motor has around 26k on rebuild and arp head studs with mhg. After the cost of the car the new turbo system new intercooler and the five speed swap I am running low on funds. Sadly never been able to fully boost it because the little turd likes the brick wall phase .::. Any help or suggestions would be awesome. I know everyone says 550cc, lexus maf, 255 wally, and fpr and done. Just looking around to see if there is other ways to overcome this issue. Car is pushing code. 34 just before cut hits. Thanks again guys for any responses.

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
Code 34 is fuel cut. Have you done the lex/550 and supporting mods? If you have and you're still hitting fuel cut, you can try adjusting the adjustment screw on the lex afm to try and raise fuel cut a little more.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
You don't want to run the larger meter without the correctly sized injectors. Toyota uses a rich tune in lieu of forged pistons. It is playing with fire.

Mk37mgte

Genie
Mar 26, 2013
North port FL,
I'm searching for a set of 550s as of now also a lexus maf , trying to assemble these items , balancing out bills and parts is a long process indeed.

Mk37mgte

Genie
Mar 26, 2013
North port FL,
I have also read about devistating reactions of running the lexus maf with stock 440s . Think I would rather do it right instead of rebuilding another motor ...