Having problems running please help!

Carfreak70852

SuPrA kId
May 27, 2008
Middle Tennessee
I havent checked my timing, mainly because (im not gonna lie) I have no idea how. I couldnt get any codes to come up. I dont know why but my check engine light will not come on. I dont think anyone else is local. Im gonna see if I can find someone, but I dont see that happening.

On another note, im getting pissed off. The car will start after I leave it alone for a long time and run decent as long as im on that gas pedal. The moment I try to let it idle, it dies. I hear the turbo spooling, and hear the BOV make some noise, but then if I let it try to idle or let off too much, it dies and absolutly will NOT start again. For a long time. Im going to get a video of it tomorrow if I can and post it up. Ive got a "serious" buyer for the car, if it isnt running by then, its going to him. He is comming next saturday. Im hopefully going to get a 1jz supra already swapped. I want to fix this one, but its pissing me off more than anything.

Muzy

Oct 3, 2008
Alberta
So don't mind me jumpping in late, but you mentioned after you and mario
changed fuel pump. It would barley build boost? So it ws running well enough to drive? As I understand an engine with no load should not build
boost, let aloan blow the BOV. Is your exaust plugged? Muzy

Carfreak70852

SuPrA kId
May 27, 2008
Middle Tennessee
I could have driven it if I stayed on the throttle. I havent ever driven the car before. I bought it in this condition. It built boost alright, but once it dies it wont start again. I think I answered your question....?
It built boost because I was on the throttle.

Muzy

Oct 3, 2008
Alberta
Disconnect exhaust before cat. See if this helps. Just a thought. If that
is to hard pull your 02 sensor. Should be exhaust coming out, but not
a stream with pressure. Nothing to loose eh? Muzy

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
is your throttle position sensor (located on the side of the throttle body) connected, and properly installed/calibrated? that's probably why the RPM's don't shoot up when you floor it. I had the same problem when I did some work on my car. I forgot to hook up the TPS and got no throttle response at all.

Carfreak70852

SuPrA kId
May 27, 2008
Middle Tennessee
The light does come on as normal when the key is turned. It does NOT come on later on after its started. I dont know why but I cant check those codes. Also I dont know about the TPS. I dont think thats the problem but I can check. Im about to upload a video of the car, Ill get a better video when I have two people. I can get throttle response when the car actually wants to run, thats why I dont think its the TPS. I can get good throttle response, its only happened 2 times of the 10 times ive tired to start it.

dumbo

Supramania Contributor
Jul 16, 2008
Albera, Too Far North
If you cant get a solid binking light when your trying to check codes, I would assume thats a problem. Not to be a ass, but your sure your jumping the right terminals? E1 and TE1?

dumbo

Supramania Contributor
Jul 16, 2008
Albera, Too Far North
Carfreak70852;1315489 said:
Your good bro. I'm sure it is me. I'll try to do it again, but it says the car has to start and mine will not run.

I don't know why they say that, don't worry car does not have to be running. Just the fact that you say it comes on with key on/engine off but you can't check them seems odd.

dumbo

Supramania Contributor
Jul 16, 2008
Albera, Too Far North
http://cygnusx1.net/supra/Library/TSRM/MK3/manual.aspx?S=FI&P=60

Was that the only code?

Im not sure if that would cause the issue your having. Someone else may have some insight. But seeing as you've tried 5 ecu's, I'd say you can eliminate that, and 4 AFM's I'd say you can eliminate the temp sensor. The problem prolly lies in the circuit.

Pretty odd you have no throttle responce, is the linkage hooked up?

Carfreak70852

SuPrA kId
May 27, 2008
Middle Tennessee
That was the only code I got. I personally did not try the 5 different ECU, and 4 AFM's. I dont know how to deal with that circuit...The linkage is hooked up. The car can get throttle responce but only on some occasions. Its super weird. I think I need to find a local with a turbo 5 speed ECU thats currently working on their car to try on mine...that would be the best case scenerio. I dont know what to do now. Someone who is apparently really interested in the car is comming next saturday to come and get it. If it sells im going to hopefully get the 1JZ supra thats in TN.

Carfreak70852

SuPrA kId
May 27, 2008
Middle Tennessee
Alright so I put in my other AFM and am still getting code 24 but when I start the car I get code 51 as well. Is this shaping up to be the ECU or is it the TPS along with the AFM????

rayall01

Oct 10, 2008
Westfield, ma
If you are smelling gas in the oil, you are running unbelievably rich, so rich, that unburned fuel is leaking past the rings, and into the block. CHANGE YOUR OIL IMMEDIATELY! Then, check for a disconnected intake hose after the AFM. Don't just look, Physically check everything, no matter how hard it is to do. If all are good, which I doubt, then check your fuel pressure regulator. That may be fubar, and could cause too much fuel going into the engine. Listening to it run on the video, it sounded wicked rich to me.