Have problem and need advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbsupra90

Banned
Dec 5, 2011
Great Neck, New York
My 1990 Turbo is just too clean and shiny. It turns head whenever I take it out. I am careful where I park the car to avoid those pesky dings. There maybe one slight one. I am thinking of picking up another car for work. I have put black bumper guards on the back and front. People used to back into the car, causing that nasty paint crack. Car is showroom new looking. I can't take the car out without someone pulling me over, and asking me if I want to sell the car. It's just too nice looking. This is a problem for work. I don't like leaving the thing in a parking lot for 8 hours. Thinking of picking up a nice old Caddy. Big, surrounded by chrome and less vulnerable to damage. Any advice? Yes... I am anal about my car. But that is why it looks mint and it 22 years old. And yes... I do keep it garaged.

Attachments

• long distance car.jpg
    long distance car.jpg
    855.9 KB · Views: 81

A. Jay

Search.
Jun 3, 2009
Bay Area, CA
But if you just leave it home, there's kinda no point in having the car. Then your Supra will be sad, sitting there :( Unless you have plenty of other places to drive the car besides to work, then I like your second car idea. How about another Supra :) but this time find a less nice one, lol.

SaltyMKIII

the dude abides
Mar 30, 2010
Queens, New York
My supra is my daily and I live in NYC but mine isn't mint like yours, I'm working on getting it there and when I do ill also get another car to keep my supra that way. Do what you feels best

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
Dude, if my Supra looked like yours and was all stock, I wouldn't even worry about it. I don't know where one has to live to have that draw so much attention. Look at some of the build threads here to see some truly impressive examples of the MKIII supra that have tens of thousands of dollars dumped into them. Afterwards u won't feel so bad leaving your car unattended with the windows down and the keys in the ignition.

I don't mean to be a dick, but with an old stocker like that, your post is beyond rediculous.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
Um... Didn't you have a tread about the driver side door panel. I don't know why but i think you were talking about the same things in that thread or maybe you came off that way who knows.

But honestly my advice to you is if you are that afraid of songs or ruining the car then keep it locked away... Simple is that.

I personally would drive and enjoy my supra worrying is not enjoying :-(

.....edit..... I guess you made a new thread about the same thing with the door panel...never mind then..

Sep 19, 2011
Des Moines, IA
If you are that worried, and don't want to spend any money on an alarm system. Just sell the damn thing to one of those people that keep asking you. Get a car you don't have to worry about, and be done. There isn't a point in having a vehicle IMO unless it gets driven.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Buy a beater na supra for daily driving, and save the nice one for weekend drives, and check-out-my-glutes poses.

Dingoboy

Dec 25, 2009
Tampa, FL
Nothing wrong with having 2 cars. I've put a ton of cash into my MKIII 1JZ, and it looks nearly brand new now. Makes me paranoid (since I was hit twice in the first 6 months of ownership) to let it out of the garage. But I do, because I love to drive it. I didn't buy it to polish it with diapers & jerk off looking at it. But I had to compromise...

So I have a 2012 MINI Cooper S Coupé as a DD, and the Supra gets weekends and will get some road trip duty going forward. The MINI is still fun to drive, great on gas and makes me smile. The Supra gets my automotive rocks off. If you do decide to get a 2nd car to help preserve the Supra, just be sure to get something you'll enjoy driving. Life's too short to drive shitty cars all the time.

ZFast300Z

Trouble
Dec 15, 2007
Wisconsin
Buy another car... Keep the supra around to drive for the joy of it.

Just to give you an idea where I come from, I have a E55 AMG, a 300zx TT and a MKIII and I chose to buy a cobalt to daily drive.

MNBmk3T

Aug 2, 2011
Burnaby, BC
Drive it like it wants to be driven. My car was just as clean as yours when I bought it, and I still daily drove it. Spend some money and get an immobilizer for it so when shit does hit the fan you have someway of protecting the car.

Cars are meant to be driven, not be parked away in a garage and looked at no matter how clean they are. GrimJack DAILY DRIVES his 570HP 2JZ MKIII, even in the snow (yes it's true, he has winter tires for that beast). I also daily drive my 1JZ MKIII, also in the snow as well (I have winter tires for my car too). Enjoy the car cause there are few cars out there that will give you the same sensation that a torque-monster 7M MKIII will give you. Especially when you let the engine sing all the way to 6K RPM as you slam through the gears on a wide open road.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Do what I do... only wash it once in a while, like once a month. Attracts less attention that way.

Alternatively, pick up a Miata as a second car, is what I would recommend, but I would caution against posing like that WITH a Miata. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.