Have I found the ultimate DYI hardpipes?

StefanLarsson

Viking
Jun 26, 2006
Sweden
These sell for like $25 per meter (3,5 feet) and are 2,5" in diameter, they are flexible, stainless and very stiff.
The advantages (besides beeing cheap) are that you'll need a minimum of clamps because you can route the pipes as you install it.
The downsides I can see is that the inside is'nt perfectly smooth and you cant make to sharp bends...

What du you think?

Stefan, Sweden

Attachments

• 79-103_h.jpg
    79-103_h.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 77

Selz202

More than Regular Member
May 1, 2005
Black Diamond Wa
Domestic guys use it on their old ass motors for a radiator pipe... I definately would not use it for intercooler pipes...

SMP142

BOHICA
Jan 5, 2006
Tacoma, WA.
on my old turbo cavalier, i had a lower radiator hose from an 855 cummins motor placed in my IC system. i had a sharp corner, almost 180 and i needed something that would bend in close. worked good when i had it on. i think it was 2" inside diameter though....

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
That is exhaust flexable pipe. I have some in 3" welded into my system, and it's pretty good at sealing up, but is NOT water or coolant tight.

I would think it should be OK for IC pipe if your not running a AFM based system. The small amount of air you might leak would change your fuel trim, but if your MAP based, then it's not a big deal to have a small leak or two.

I'm using flexable radiator hose, and it is all solid stainless pipe with convolutions built into it so you can bend and conform it to your needs. Works great, but it looks like this, and I have not seen it in 2.5" sizes. (No reason why it would not exist however, and it's air/water/coolant tight.)
The hose is the shiny metal pipe on the upper left side. You can't see the fittings in this photo.
p293799_1.jpg