has anyone used the aem fic?

MK3_KYLE_6282

kyle_mk3
Jul 27, 2010
cherry point nc
so im in the planning stages of my build and trying what piggyback system im going to use. im shooting for 400whp + a 35 shot of nitrous im just wondering if anyone has used the aem fic because it does timing as well as fuel which would be good where i plan on going both more boost and nitrous. ive been doing a bit of research but i need some direction as far as the tuning

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
never seen it on a supra. What i have seen (and REALLY like) is using megasquirt in the same manor. It intercepts the ecu's injector signal and timing signal and sends out what you program... Have to figure out a way around fuel cut still. But at this point a FCD would actually work and work well!

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
Any one have any more information on this piggy back from Aem? Seems to have the ability to solve a few of the usual problems associated with using a standard piggyback. Be interested trying it out on my supra to help tune my top end and retard the timing for more boost. Might have to be the test pilot if no one else has any experience with it on a 7m.

---------- Post added at 12:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

Here's a link to the unit for any one interested.
http://www.aemelectronics.com/engine-management-systems-9/fuel-ignition-controller-f-ic-12/

gurley0916

Gurley=Last Name not girl
Mar 10, 2008
Columbus,OH
Theres a couple people here in AZ running it on JZ motors. It is about a 50/50 shot of working on them for some reason. Some ecu's like it and some dont. Personally for 7m I would look at the MAPECU2. It can advance and retard timing while the FIC only retards the timing. The mapecu2 will also eliminate the AFM and put you to a MAP based air metering system which is nice if you blow a coupler cause you will not loose any drivability. They are a little more but it has numerous features and the tuning software is very easy. Fuel cut is controlled by the injector frequencies so if you have larger injectors you can tune the fuel cut out to a point until you hit the fuel cut frequency. So you dont have to lose the function like you do with a FCD. Safer IMO. Peek around on supraforums and they will occasionally pop up from time to time around the $500 range.

Heres a link to there site for specifics http://www.mapecu.com/

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
Thanks for the heads up, i previously owned the Map ecu and it worked great, If it had the timing control i would still have it. The map ecu 2 has the problem it's almost the same price as an entry level stand alone such as the Adaptronic e420 which works well and can also be used as a piggyback type setup.
So many choices, shame i haven't heard anything good about the Aem FIC..