Has anyone Run 11.99 or better with a CT upgrade or Bolt on Turbo yet?

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
As the title says, has anyone done this without NOS? I don't remember ever seeing anyone do this. I've searched a couple of times but no luck. I have a full weight car with interior and bolt on 60-1 turbo and going to try and do this when I get some new tires and the tracks open back up!

s turbo 87

Accepting Donations
Apr 5, 2005
Louisville, KY
I had minimal time at the track when I put my times down. I feel like with a bit more testing and tuning, I could have hit high 11's without the spray, and prob mid 11's on the bottle. Oh well, I didnt, and I no longer have the nitrous, or a ct26.

turbodriz

mk3 onwer
Feb 25, 2006
newyork....N.c
s turbo 87 said:
I had minimal time at the track when I put my times down. I feel like with a bit more testing and tuning, I could have hit high 11's without the spray, and prob mid 11's on the bottle. Oh well, I didnt, and I no longer have the nitrous, or a ct26.
yeah with a 120 mph you would proably get a better 1/4 time with a little more practice but keep it up. Remeber our cars have a 3500 curb weight so ur not going to get much faster with less than 500hp:nono:

yota8791

Jan 20, 2009
virginia
11.81@119 on a greddy 20g bolt on no bottle and m/t et streets last november at rockingham, the video is on here :biggrinki

the_ghost

Oct 11, 2006
Columbus, OHIO
not 11's---ct26 60-1 trim record--- MKIIIsupraguy put 12.01 @ 115mph from supraforum...not sure if it still held but he had full weight leather interior this was done about 5-7 years ago. the car is still great after all these years with the same setup.

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
Wow a bunch of my old threads coming back to life.... I'll be in the 11's for sure with my bolt on turbo this month.. as long as I can get it to start! lol! Yota, never seen it I'll have to look for it.. what were your mods?

jtamulis

www.NotRice.com
Apr 9, 2005
Pittsboro, NC
www.NotRice.com
Sweet. Its wasn't all the car had, he was just running drag radials, and just went, didn't really have a hard time. I think he was in the 11s on like his 5-6ths pass ever. Which I think is pretty f'n good :cool:.

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
I just have some MT DR's but they are fat! I'm still on the Lex AFM and 580's going for 500rwhp and 11.5 with this turbo.. I know I can do it! Just wish I had a 2step but we'll see what I can do..

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
Nasty is your turbo stock or upgraded? I know that with an upgraded ct you could do it... that was my original goal but now just want 11.5 with no spray and the setup I have now.

yota8791

Jan 20, 2009
virginia
frontierguy25;1525062 said:
Wow a bunch of my old threads coming back to life.... I'll be in the 11's for sure with my bolt on turbo this month.. as long as I can get it to start! lol! Yota, never seen it I'll have to look for it.. what were your mods?

heres the link, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMNdpglAU6w
heres the mods, as of now hehe:
-je forged pistons (8.2.1 compression)
-stock rods
-bored .20 over
-block has had .10 milled off the top
-crank has been turned 10, polished and balenced
-head has been decked to match
-full valve job
-fully ported and polished head
-ported intake manifold
-ported turbo,
-new oem replacement cams,
-greddy 20g turbo with new internals(21psi and climbing hehe)
-hks intake pipe
-Fake spearco w/ greddy hard pipes
-Tial 50mm bov
-Sard FPR with steel braided fuel line
-550cc rc injectors
-Walbro 255 fuel pump
-ACT stage 3 6-puck sprung clutch
-3in elbow, 3in piping
-HKS super dragger exhast
-aem ugo wideband
-ngk plugs and wires
-hks electronic boost controller
-hks turbo timer
-apexi neo afc
-rush anti-lag system
-HKS steel beaded 2mm hg
-M/T ET streets for racing

the_ghost

Oct 11, 2006
Columbus, OHIO
just wondering who has spray? i like a little more ump against the big block torque jump when rollin but is it safe to have two power adders? mods are 550cc upgraged ct26 so on...thx!

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
We have a lot of the same mods

JE .20 over pistons
HKS 1.2 w/arps
Head freshly rebuilt and decked 5 angle valve job
Custom hardpipes..
Big FMIC
Tial Q bov
Areomotive AFPR with stainless lines
South Bend stage 5 clutch 8puck
3" turbo back exhaust custom with Basani muffler
60-1 Bolt on Boss turbo
Turbo XS MBC
Zeitronix Wideband
HKS SAFR
LEX AFM
Ngk plugs and wires
Precision 580 injectors
Walbro 255
polished crank
MT ET Street Radials on Weld Prostars

Mike Morris

May 4, 2008
MD/DC
I went high 11s with the old bolt on Turbonetics turbo and trapped 123MPH as best on pump gas and no meth
Same et but less MPH with Sp61 bolt on

I ran meth this year with sp61 and really flew but turbo blew and then blew again after rebuild. Junk.

Bet I will crush both with a JT62

My car is light from the factory-no options. Converted to newer style look rear look and moldings,newer tems actuators,lighweight battery,carbon fiber d/s blah blah. 3247 with no driver and 1/4 tank of gas
I have HKS tems and can lock it in soft. Since my car is not lowered I can hit great sixty foots. I usually dump at 5000-5500 rpms. My trans is chrotreated so I powershift the hell out of it. Going strong for over 6 years now.
I am still running a stock 7MGTE shortblock(did replace the oil pump to be safe)