Has anyone installed the ChargeSpeed Duct?

HIDPLANET

89 1JZGTE
Ok thanks.
If what we discussed doesnt go through before I send the car to paint, I think I will get this one. Do you know if any modifications had to be done to install it (besides cutting the bumper support) like using fiberglass kittyhair to get it to fit right? Or does it conform to the contour of the bulper right out of the box?

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Quote from Racerxj220:Suprahero, has a similar one installed.

Badass mod, Jay, where's the pics at ???

Here is a picture of mine that I got from Shine Automotive. I know it looks grey, but it's blue metallic. Sorry about the horrible picture............

p465351_1.jpg

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I had to install mine from the back because the bumper is contoured or curved and the turbo a duct is almost dead straight. You may not like it mounted from the back like mine, but I think it would have looked worse the other way. Good luck with yours.

:momaru: ...............You said mounted from the back.................:biglaugh:

bryanintexas

aaarrrrrggghhhh!!!!!
Apr 4, 2005
spring, texas
holy shit! that turned out great! i'm glad you were able to "overcome" (so to speak) the non-contour issue.

did you do it yourself, or did you have it done?

can't wait to see installed pics.

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
you could always build a rim/ridge of fiberglass if you really missed it, but why destroy something that looks perfect?

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
bryanintexas said:
holy shit! that turned out great! i'm glad you were able to "overcome" (so to speak) the non-contour issue.

did you do it yourself, or did you have it done?

can't wait to see installed pics.
Thanks. A friend of mine owns a body shop. He's the one that painted my car for me as well. I've got to do some vinyl siding on his house now to help him out. I'm glad you guys like it as much as I do...............lol

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
There are turbo A ducts out there that are contoured to fit the bumper perfectly. They cost a little more, but well worth skipping all the hassle to make the flat ones fit.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
rsaeini said:
suprahero - that looks hella clean. im drooling over here over your bumper.:love:

Thanks alot. Some people like it and some prefer the lip around it. I like it like it is, but I really have no choice since it's already done.................:biglaugh: