Has anyone got their stainless braided brakes lines made? Need some insight.

Aug 13, 2005
Alberta
Hello All.

I am currently in the process of swapping my N/A auto for my turbo 5-speed. In the process, I am upgrading my brakes. I have been doing some research around stainless braided brake line, but I cant seem to find an answer to my question. So here it is:

Has anyone had experience with custom made stainless brake lines?

There is a hydraulic shop in my city where they specialize in high pressure lines. The place is called "Greenline Hose and Fittings". On top of doing heavy duty equipment, they do automotive brake lines and use DOT conforming lines and ends. The stainless lines are teflon inside and have a clear plastic jacket outside (which I can get different colours of. :icon_bigg). On top of this they carry the different automotive brake line fittings (all the correct toyota fittings).

From my research the lines are everything that proper stainless lines require to be durable and reliable. Additionally, they back their products and have never had any problems with their lines (they test them to 3000 psi before you get them).

It sounds like a good idea and from the comparison of price, they are very similar to BF goodridge lines after shipping.

Again I would like to ask: has anyone had their brake lines made, and from the description above, does it seem reasonable since I can get the line in a shorter amount of time, and have a local shop to deal with if ever the lines were to become problematic?

Thanks

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Like this?

If so, I did my whole brake system in it.

a68958ac-1697-0b67.jpg

Aug 13, 2005
Alberta
I take it they were custom made then? They look good. How do they feel compared to stock? Have you had a chance to compare to the BFGoodridge or similar lines?

Also just out of curiosity you did your entire brake lines in stainless including the hard lines? Just asking because those fittings look like the hard line fittings.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
The whole system was done like this. I never had a supra with goodridge lines, so I can't say.

The brakes feel much better and they are responsive. I'm not sure if that was because of the lines but it's still on OEM pads. One of my friends did this on his 240sx and he also says they are responsive and better than stock.

The lines are telfon on the inside, steel braided on the outside with a clear outer jacket and then hydraulic clamped fittings on each end. It cost me over 700 bucks to do all the lines but I did keep the proportioning valve and ran the lines as of they were in a NON-ABS factory Supra.

Aug 13, 2005
Alberta
Thanks for the reply. It is good to know someone else has done this and with success.

I am curious to know why you replaced the hard lines with the braided ones. I feel that is more of an aesthetic modification since the hard line will never deform under pressure as far as I understand. I was under the impression that the only place for expansion was the soft lines in between the hard lines and the calipers, but I could be wrong.

Thanks again.