Has anyone done 24 hours of LeMons??

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
There are actually quite a few teams that run MKIIs in that race.

There's a thread on CelicaSupra about a team that dressed one up as a delorean. They covered it with tin foil, put a blender in the back, it was pretty funny. They ended up winning the "best looking" award or something.

I would like to enter an RA64 into that.

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
Thanks for all the replies everyone! They're all great! Scratched MR2 from the possibilities. so far 280 sounds the best. possibly the suzuki but only because it would be free and we'd have 500 dollars for..whatever.

I will look at the photos, so far we're checking out any car we see under 500 dollars or near that amount. :) But it helps knowing what NOT to use so I dont waste time searching on Jaxed.com for cars that won't do.

Great site by the way, if ANYONE is in search for a car, go to Jaxed.com and find a link for "the mash". it will help you find any car on craigslist or ebay, etc... within your search criteria. :D

Has anyone got any advice or thoughts on the cost of this? That is my main concern. To answer one question about location, we're shooting for the December race in Willows. :) I think it's Thunderhill Raceway.

That is my main concern though, i have to get a job, do school, and earn enough to have the money for a racing suit and my pitch-in for the whole shin-dig.

might have to wait a year or at least pass up the December run...I dont know. 415 bux for a racing suit, my share for the car, the safety stuff, the gas money...its gonna add up quick.

I just need to get a job. LOL.

OH and what about a v6 fiero? (no i dont think i want to hassle in a v8...unless it has one in it)

Last edited:

Lino

FWD FTL!
Jul 5, 2006
Surrey, BC
annoyingrob;1107453 said:
There are actually quite a few teams that run MKIIs in that race.

There's a thread on CelicaSupra about a team that dressed one up as a delorean. They covered it with tin foil, put a blender in the back, it was pretty funny. They ended up winning the "best looking" award or something.

I would like to enter an RA64 into that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhHBhm810js

The MKII Delorean is at 1:15. Funny as hell!

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
:rofl:

Cop car was pretty funny too. What I find funny is that the car the camera is in is a crown vic police package and the MKII walks on it pretty bad out of the corner...

The only thing about the race is that the car IS going to get beat up to some extent, so make sure it's a car you don't care about...

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Supracentral;1107273 said:
I'd like to put together a team for the South East event for next year.

We could find a 7M-GE powered MKIII for under $500. Just torque down the head and drive the ass off it.

We could call the team SupraMainacs. ;)

If you're not joking, I would so be down for this. I'm in TN, and would be willing to do this.

Figit090

Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
Supracentral;1132680 said:

NO FUCKING WAY!! that's awesome! thanks for posting that Mike!

but holy shit those guys work for pratt and miller? I didn't know what that was until now but yeah...i bet they had some really good deals. 5 lap penalty for BS is nothing! bah...

I wonder what they did to that engine...and the rest of the car (since it has NO top)

Figit090

Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
Thanks for the link to the pictures.

I'm anxious to see what all that car had on it, specifically. especially since I know supras so well...it would be MUCH eaiser for me to modify one than to learn and modify say...an rx7.

we had our eye on a 2st gen rx7 for 300 dollars but it had been gutted already and probably abused a bit. we're hoping to find a decent car, maybe a sportscar like a supra that has been in a fender bender but still will track straight and run fast.

It will be probably at least a year before we can get it together (unless something spectacular happens, never know!) since we're both in college. Once I get working though I might be able to afford this eaiser...its hard to say.

I want a new DD so all things considered in my future its tuff to say.

Also, I have factored in racing gear. just for my individual racing suit - itching on 450 dollars, give or take 50. i forget.

doesnt count roll-bar or saftey harnesses and seat... but that's not a HUGE deal. but yeah, its not super cheap, but it'll probably cost about what a pro racing team would spend on just one-two sets of tires in a race so....by that perspective it's epic! haha.

I am now seriously thinking about doing this whole chopp-roof-add-rollbar crap...that supra was probably pretty light. i need to know if they did any chassis stiffening beyond the obvious cage in those pics though... it would suck to hack up a sportscar and have the chassis flex itself to bits.

FORGOT to mention...that thing says it's a 7m-ge?

hmmmm......i wonder how a turbo would do? or maybe there's a turbo hidden under that massive exhaust tower?

Figit090

Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
nice... thanks for the link, great thread! and giving this thread some hits from their site. lol....

That's a nice looking cage. and a good place for a radiator. so many great ideas! (haha...no worries if someone in that build sees this, i'm probably not going to even be started by december!)

Supracentral - LOL thanks for the link I'm not sure if I ever said that. I'm pretty sure now is the first time I noticed it!

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
Intresting... dig up from the old!

My guess as looking at the huge "downpipe" that is coming up from the engine bay on that Pratt & Miller car. They are runng a 7m-gte! :eek:

Also taking the entire roof off? That Supra was probably sub 2800 and venture to say that it might have been 2600lbs!

On a stock 7m-gte with the DP coming out like that (8 psi ish). If they torqued the head down...... That will make for a pretty damn quick car!