Has any member dropped a N/A 2JZ-GE into their MK3?

lifesnotfair

Dec 26, 2005
Dominican Republic
I was just thinking of a possible scenario here. Say someone already has BIC motor mounts for 1JZ (which should work on a 2JZ as well, right?). Say you have no engine, and you come across a good condition, decent mileage engine from a Lexus GS300 (93-97 model). And it's pretty much the same price (or just a little bit more) than 7M-GE ... just newer, and a bit more powerful from what the specs say. The engine comes with the auto tranny, ecu, harness... would it be a good idea to swap that into the MK3 with the BIC motor mounts? If you just want an automatic daily driver and don't need a turbo car for the moment, and don't wanna spend a lot of money? Or could there be a problem?

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
Engine will work if you have the harness and ECU. Or even convert to 7M-GTE electronics. Not sure about tranny though But 2JZ GE swaps have been done.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
If you're going to get a 2JZ-GE, get one from the right car. You get one from a GS and you have the wrong oil pan. The right oil pan itself is worth almost more than half of what a complete GE is worth in the first place... Then you're stuck with the front sump pan nobody wants.

Buy one from an SC or don't bother.

I wouldn't bother anyway. NA is fucking wack. Unless you plan to turbo it immediately, just put another 7M in. You know it's going to be direct drop in and you can save your money until you can do an NA-T or full GTE swap.

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
OneJoeZee said:
I wouldn't bother anyway. NA is fucking wack. Unless you plan to turbo it immediately, just put another 7M in. You know it's going to be direct drop in and you can save your money until you can do an NA-T or full GTE swap.

+1 for that. I have the 2jzge in my Lexus IS300 and it isn't really "that fast" compared to my 1jzgte. And the IS300 is lighter than the supra. That's just my 2 cents though.

But, I agree with Joe that it isn't worth it one bit.