Harness Routed through Dash

The Reaper

Single, and lovin' it!!
Jan 10, 2006
Florida
for the guys that did it this way, can you post a picture of where you cut the hole out at? i need to get my car running like NOW. thanks a bunch if you can throw up some pics!

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I didn't take any pictures of it apparently. I know Aaron sent me a pm with a picture of where to put it. I will tell you to put a rubber gromet in it and seal it off around the wires once it's installed. I didn't do this and my feet and legs get freaking hot from the engine bay heat coming through there. In the summer it's brutal. I'm fixing mine when I pull my motor in a week. I can take pictures by then, but I'm sure you'll have one by then.

The Reaper

Single, and lovin' it!!
Jan 10, 2006
Florida
yea we'll have to find and slightly diff. place to put it thru cause im not pulling out my entire engine just to cut a hole....

mobes

Supras are never 'done'
Apr 5, 2005
Bozeman, MT
Sorry no pics, but in the ones that I saw before it was right by where the speedo cable runs through.

Turbosidosis

PVC FTW
Mar 31, 2005
Houston (Sugar Land), TX
I didn't pull the motor, I pulled the dash.... I used a 3" hole saw and it's kinda loose. I think being a little too tight with a 2.5" would be better.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
Datsrboi;890946 said:
Why did you guys do it this way? Is it more easy or more work in the end?

You dont need to extend the harness at all and it looks cleaner with the harness not being visable in the engine bay.

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
stock location is what we're shooting for (getting aristo ecu in that location will be tricky though)

Today we got it drilled and ready to go. W/ the engine in the car we couldn't get to the speedo hole w/ the drill so we drilled down to the right (looking at the firewall) of it. Should be good as its about where the harness will run across the intake manifold.

Josh (thereaper) got some pics, will probably be up later tonight or tomorrow.

aznwaterboy

Swap never finished
Feb 5, 2006
Bay Area, California
What??? If you drill the hole, you dont have to extend anything? lol....I'm extending the body plugs on my harness and i'm going to drill a hole in my firewall. Sounds like I'm doing something extra I dont need to be doing. And I think my drill bit is going to be too small, 2 1/16". Not to steal the thread but my friend I need to repin the body plugs to match the one in my car, ma70-style. Do you guys happen to know where I can find the information as to what exactly I need to repin where?

The Reaper

Single, and lovin' it!!
Jan 10, 2006
Florida
ok here's the pics
sm_photo_missing.jpg

with the grommet(sp?)
p892106_1.jpg

here's from the inside
p892106_2.jpg

i took these next 2 pics and caught a weird image. first time freaked me out so i took it again, and this time it got mad...
p892106_3.jpg

p892106_4.jpg

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
depends how you run your harness across the dash.. we're going up and over behind the cluster. If you go under the heatercore then lower would be better