harness/ecu swapping

Supra_Villan

needs his car done
Nov 10, 2007
Wellsville MO
I have two engine harnesses/ecu's. Both are from 89 turbos, one early 89, one late 89, one auto, one manual. MY car is a 5 speed, and i currently have the factory wiring/ecu in it. The wiring harness i got from the automatic car is in nicer shape, and i was wondering, can i run the auto harness in my 5-speed car without any modification? If so what modification is necessary? If i cant do this, could i run the auto ecu along with said wiring harness on my 5-speed car?

Letsride

Aug 26, 2009
NC
Do a search here for specifics.....but since you do not have an auto shifter that plugs into the harnes, you will need to jumper that connector to get the car to start/run. You have to make the computer think that the car is in Neutral/Park.

---------- Post added at 05:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 PM ----------

BTW the connector will be on the driver side and running along the harness for the abs connector.

Supra_Villan

needs his car done
Nov 10, 2007
Wellsville MO
Cruise has long been removed. But thanks!

---------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

So the connector is on the passenger's side then? because if i recall correctly, all the abs jazz is on the passenger side. So the plug's location is going to be by the ecu and whatnot correct? How many pins is it? Willl not having a transmission ecu to respond with affect anything?