Harmonic Balancer quest.?

Boss302

May 2, 2006
Mobile, Al
ok Unorthodox sells a under drive crank pulley but if i were to get it would it cause crank wobble and walk? cause it isn't balanced to work like the stock casue the stock pulley works in unison with the crank if understand correctly and if this is the case if the crank was fully/evenly balanced this should alieve the problem correct?

87_7MGTE

SOLD :(
Mar 30, 2005
Bellingham, WA
Im going to pull the search police on this one.

p274073_1.jpg

p274073_2.jpg

I dont know how many time the UR, OBX, and gay ass UD pullys have been brought up over the past month, and usually im not one to rant about this, but dude, search. General concensus: if you want a healthy long living motor, go with a dampend pulley. I.e., stock, ATI, and i think fluidampr may make one.

Call me an ass if you want, im just tired of these crank pulley threads from ppl not searching.

Good day.

CPT Furious

Now MAJ FURY!
Mar 30, 2005
KDOV
Preach on, brotha!

There is also a thread on the ATI one that you can get from Summit, but seriously, look around a little bit...

MPF_Supra

Banned
Sep 3, 2005
Wisconsin
stock crank pulley is the best way to go. UR crank pulley is JUNK!!!! they eat up your belt like a hungry fat kid chasing after the EGO guy.."LET GO MY EGO"

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
It's never ate my belt. My motor didn't eat itself because of non-harmonic vibration preventing it's supposed to not have (if that made any sense). But I will not be going with my Unorthodox UP on my next build up. I'm going with a stock unit because of all of the bad warnings (although none have been proven). You can have my worthless, engine harming, junkyest of junk, paper weight lightened Unorthodox underdrive pulley at a low attractive price if you act now! I'll even throw in the fucked up woodruf key with it for free. PM me if you're interested. Pics:

rscf31516bc.jpg

rscf31539dq.jpg

rscf31542qi.jpg

Jacked up woodruf key.

rscf31560ki.jpg

Wayne G.

87Turbo 5sp Targa
Apr 19, 2005
Gainesville,Ga.
Boss302 said:
ok Unorthodox sells a under drive crank pulley but if i were to get it would it cause crank wobble and walk? cause it isn't balanced to work like the stock casue the stock pulley works in unison with the crank if understand correctly and if this is the case if the crank was fully/evenly balanced this should alieve the problem correct?

I intend to try one myself. Look at http://oldschool.supracentral.com/ see what he has to say about it
sound logical. Seems TRD made one for their race cars.
If anyone wants to throw vegtables at me for this opinion all I ask is that you
take them out of the can first.

Wayne G.

87Turbo 5sp Targa
Apr 19, 2005
Gainesville,Ga.
figgie said:
Ok forgive me but how is a RACE car a street car? How often do race cars have thier motors and everything else INSPECTED for wear and replaced accordingly? :3d_frown:

Your right it's not I saying it is only if it was that destructive they would not offered it at all. The guy that built the Supra on OLD SCHOOL SUPRA
site (heavly modified) used one (on the streed) for 50K miles and noticed
no abnormal wear at teardown???

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
Wayne G. said:
Your right it's not I saying it is only if it was that destructive they would not offered it at all. The guy that built the Supra on OLD SCHOOL SUPRA
site (heavly modified) used one (on the streed) for 50K miles and noticed
no abnormal wear at teardown???

Yes

Larry_A

rarely on anymore. At that time there was ZERO options. It was stock or UD.
Will Neely put 700 rwhp on a stock OEM damper. Would I do that with the options out now? Fuck no.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
87_7MGTE said:
hmm, i wonder if there is going to be a shortage in 7m cranks/motors soon? These threads come up WAAAAY to much
Well taking into account you can only safely go 10/10 on a stock crank the supply of useable cores has to run out sooner or later!