Hardchargers really slow 2j build thread

hardcharger

#1 935 groupie
Oct 28, 2005
San Diego
I feel so sorry for the old grey 89, gone are the glory days of greddy and now are the days of NA. we dropped it for the new owner, he just liked the chrome and wanted it to run.
before
normal_enginebay2.jpg

after
normal_100_0676.jpg

hardcharger

#1 935 groupie
Oct 28, 2005
San Diego
well just got my valve covers back from the powdercoaters. waiting now for the black AN's to be put in for my catch can. but here ya go
they aren't as bright as they look in this pic

normal_valvecovers.jpg

normal_valvecovers2.jpg

thats more of the color that they are. I am also doin the MKIV brake conversion on the front and I'm goin to do my brake calipers in the same color with other little things here and there in the same color as well. with the car being a black pearl with carbon fiber spark plug cover and little other red things thrown throughout. I should begin deconstruction of the beast soon as well so look for pics fairly soon.

hardcharger

#1 935 groupie
Oct 28, 2005
San Diego
I must have the most boring build thread ever. i think cassio is the only one watching it, lol. anyways sorry its so boring its hard to do anything on a car that is three hours away, but I should be getting it SUNDAY!!! so hopefully the real fun will begin. anyways, heres a couple pics of some new goodies I have collected recently besides my valve covers the skyline calipers are off getting powdercoated the same color(thanx 935).
my front brake adapters, brake and clutch pedals (the new shell is auto)
sm_photo_missing.jpg

thanx to the parts car we had around (RIP), I got a clean targa, nose, fenders, misc mouldings, among a few other things.

things I'm looking for right now are a dark grey dash and a driver side door and moulding, if anyone in socal happens to have one or the other.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Hey Hardcharger, just went throught the hole thread. Luckily it wasn't as long as IJ's. That wasn't meant to hurt you in any way............;) .....I can't believe you're going with a 2jz. I mean, I can believe it because it's my dream motor. I may do it someday if my 7mgte tears up, and we know that it WILL. Anyways just thought I would let you know that it is looking awesome and I will be watching for updates...................lol

P.S. That powdercoating is to die for.................::w00t::

hardcharger

#1 935 groupie
Oct 28, 2005
San Diego
yeah IJ's is pretty long. when this one gets too long I'll put an index in the first post, lol.

I got to get some input from you guys. what would you do. i'm driving the shop where I'm getting all my fab work done crazy, with changing my mind on turbos. i was goin to do gt42r but i think that would be too much lag off the bat, mabye later. so I think its between a gt40r (AR?) or twin gt30r's (twins are always better then one, lol) opinions anyone? I'm goin to go ball bearing, was also looking at the t66, t72's in BB, but I like the real garret stuff (garret turbos, i know most turbos have garret internals etc).

don't think price wise cuz I'm not to worried about price, so in a perfect world what would you run?

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I.......like........turbos on supras.........
women without bras...........and.........twins.........sorry hardcharger, but you started it. I don't think you can go wrong with the Garrett, but I don't know alot about turbos. I do have a Garrett to4e and I love it, but that's as far as my knowledge goes.

P.S. You have to say the first sentence with the commercial in mind..........lol

Looonie

Looonie
Aug 22, 2005
Auckland, New Zealand
www.boost.org.nz
Brake caliper adapters? Are you fitting skyline brakes to the supra? Are the adapters a aftermarket readily available item? Where from? How much? Cheers

Desperately need to upgrade the brakes on my Soarer and it'll be just as much hassle to go to TT MKIV stuff as Nissan/Mazda gear so might as well go for the best...

hardcharger

#1 935 groupie
Oct 28, 2005
San Diego
sorry haven't been on in a while

7msupro-I'm glad to here the car is running good, my turbo setup has been nailed down. I will be running twin gt30r's with twin tial 38mm wastegates

angry- right now I'm goin to be running a r154 with mostlikley an exedy twin plate, unless i find a cheap getrag (which probably won't happen but you never know)

and Loonie my adapters are from 935 motorsports and i don't think he has anymore made at the moment, I'm running MKIV rotors all around with skyline calipers up front and MKIV on the rear. all four calipers are also getting powdercoated the same color as the valve covers

i just got in my titan cam gears today and hopefully will be ordering my crowers soon so I can close up the motor finally. i also got a new oil pan (exciting i know) that is off getting powdercoated as well (flat black). sadly my car has yet to make its way to me (its taking FOREVER!!!) so not alot of progress there but just wait when it gets here the fun will begin.