hard to start... sometimes.

edi

May 17, 2006
www.pxracing.com
my 87 is hard to start especialy when its cold and has been sitting for a while. i have no codes and nothing seems out of the ordinary other than the starting problem. when its hard to start it would take a few seconds for the motor to run on its own, but when its warm and has been reciently driven, it starts just fine. some say its my cold start injector, or something like that... what ells would cause this?

thanks in advance.

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
Mine does the same thing, it takes a little longer now too since i added the redline fuel system cleaner...

but it starts, which is all i care about. hahaha

spoolint78

Representing T.O
Mar 30, 2005
T.O
maybe a tired fp, or perhaps a dirty cold start injector.

Try replacing the spark plugs is another option.

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
My car does the same thing although it isnt driven often.

My problem contributes to my valve seals. I changed my spark plugs, i plan to change the wires, and get a new fuel pump and fuel filter. I also plan to get my injectors cleaned and balanced. I suppose i can get the CSI cleaned too.

edi

May 17, 2006
www.pxracing.com
i just changed the spark plugs and wires about a couple weeks ago. i guess i could replace the fuel filter and clean the cold start injector.

88YotaTurbo

Feb 26, 2006
Wolcott, Ct.
Same deal is happening to me but my outside ambient temperature is close to 20-40 degrees F. I have checked my CSI and Cold Start timing switch (the sensor sticking straight up in the t-stat housing). I have also repaired my Cam Position Sensor wire harness. Next thing I will be testing is Fuel pressure.
Does our fuel pumps have a check valve built in them to maintain pressure in the lines?