Hankook tires at a really good price.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Onlinetires.com has some Hankook Ventus V12 EVO K110's for $80.52/ea. I bought a set of four just now. I got on the phone with them and made sure they had them in stock. I needed some decent tires cause my current setup is not ideal for the street. Plus my front tires are smaller than stock and I need to remedy that. This is the cheapest I've seen these tires ever. I know they're not Michelin PS2's, but they'll get the job done for me. Besides, they don't have PS2s in our stock size.
If you're in need of some decent tires cheap, then check these out.

This thread is open to tire discussion. If you have some tires you want to brag about feel free to. If you've had these Hankook's that I just ordered and think they're the biggest pile of crap... feel free to trash talk them. You won't hurt my feelings as they're going to be 300% better than what I'm on. You never know I might join you on trashing these Hankooks... I hope not though.

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
Speaking from rs3's, I probably won't buy them again. They won't hold my setup on the ground right now. From a rolling punch I can melt the tires in 1st and sometimes 2nd. They do handle amazingly and the grip during braking is much better than my previous tire. They just can't get my power to the ground is my only complaint.

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
adampecush;1906391 said:
are you using them on the street or on the track? RS-3s need quite a bit of heat for optimum grip.

Well, I'm using them on the street but simply by driving these tires heat up well.

Just by driving to town these tires get pretty warm. I tried heating up the tires to see if they got stickier and it doesn't feel like they do.

All of this is street, no track time yet.

Scott 88-1JZ

Dec 9, 2007
California
I have these on my gs400 and they used to be on my supra. For the price I was pleasantly surprised by them. They grip well and have worn good so far. I would buy them again for a daily/spirited car. But I will say I switched to some Goodyear eagle F1's on the supra and am in love with those. I would have liked to try the Michelin PS3's but got the Goodyears on closeout for half price from tire rack. I couldn't pass up the deal.

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
IndigoMKII;1906400 said:
Well, I'm using them on the street but simply by driving these tires heat up well.

Just by driving to town these tires get pretty warm. I tried heating up the tires to see if they got stickier and it doesn't feel like they do.

Track temps will be considerably hotter than you can get on the street - I'm talking about temperatures where if you let air out of the tire, it will burn your hand. You'll probably find they perform better at temperatures like that.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
I ordered the stock 225/50/16's. Just need some better tires than what I have on the car now.

I looked at the RS-3s, but my car will never see track time. I was just looking for something to do a little spirited driving through the back roads now and then. I know these tires will not hold the power I'm putting down, but that's what I have my Nitto 555r drag radials for. I don't race on the street, so I don't need drag radials on the car all the time. When I head out to the dragstrip I'll put on the drag radials.

BTW, Hankook RS-3's are going for $115/ea for 225/50/16's at online tires. Not too bad.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
HMNGSupraMKIII;1906468 said:
I've been thinking about getting the Evos. Now that the price is cheaper, its finally time to get them.

Better hurry and call to see if they still have some in stock. Good luck.
Don't forget you'll have to pay for shipping.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
IndigoMKII;1906400 said:

Why are you running 15" tires? What rims do you have?

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Bought Monday evening, delivered 10 minutes ago. Not too bad. I wasn't in a rush. Now I can go cruising and hunt for that AMG that put me to shame. Next, I think I'll get some new shocks. I sure as hell need them.

hankook.jpg