haltech/trigger question

88supraTT

Oct 2, 2005
around the bend
I'm about to install my haltech e6x on my 1jz. I was talking to my friend last night and he said he using the rear cam sensor and the crank position sensor on his mircrotech. the harness i have has been wired for the two cam position sensors. Should I rewire for the crank sensor or use the two cam position sensors. any insight would be great

thanks
cameron

John Reed

Supramania Contributor
Mar 23, 2007
Portland, OR
88supraTT;1231617 said:
I'm about to install my haltech e6x on my 1jz. I was talking to my friend last night and he said he using the rear cam sensor and the crank position sensor on his mircrotech. the harness i have has been wired for the two cam position sensors. Should I rewire for the crank sensor or use the two cam position sensors. any insight would be great

thanks
cameron

You need to use the crank sensor and one of the cam sensors.

joliroger4

Flying Dutchman Pilot
Apr 4, 2005
New Jersey
www.geocities.com
Like already stated you have to use the crank sensor and one cam sensor. You can use either cam sensor, it'll just change your tooth offset and trigger angle settings in the maps ignition setup depending which one you use.

88supraTT

Oct 2, 2005
around the bend
I got the trigger sensor issue figured out, now its the tps's 3 to 4 wire connection; my connection/tps is not showing up. I jumped the power to signal and the tps goes to 100% on the computer so i know its the write wires. so do I wire it the same as the q45 conversion? e2 to idle together? here is a picture from supra forums.
thanks in advance

attachment.php

88supraTT

Oct 2, 2005
around the bend
My problem is now i can't get get the car to start, have have power at the coils,but no spark. Its getting plenty of fuel, I think my problem lies in the igniter. I have no spark coming out the coils when i try to spark one to the shock tower.

A. not getting the proper power to send to the coils.
I have the black orange wired to constant voltage tied in with the black orange wire in the coil wiring and to +b at igniter.
under cranking my voltage is not to great about 7-9 volts cranking,
my rpms are not that high either, want to say 100-120,(battery is low charged)
I just don't know if it is wired properly there is four wires on connector A
+b=black orange=12v constant
ground= brown
others two are not used(ones for tach, and one is IGT for the factory ecm)
On connector B of the igniter all of the wires going to the coils are testing out fine.

B. its improperly setup.
when i bump the ignition switch, it will sometimes will make a slight pop sound, like a back fire just very quiet.

Ignition set-up
trigger angle=94
tooth offset=10
lock timing =15
spark mode= direct fire
spark output=constant charge
spark edge=falling
constant period(m.s)=4.5

Trigger set-up
trigger angle=94
trigger type =multitooth
teeth#=24 tooth offset=10
trig input= internal reluctor
trig edge=rising
home input= internal reluctor
home edge=rising

fuel set-up
injection paramaters=multipoint

any help would be great, i'm using a map that is running and driving off of another 1jz swaped rx7 with factory twins and injectors.

i have swapped out igniters with a different one and still the same problem

thanks in advance

Turbo Drifter

Dec 8, 2005
Surrey, BC Canada
Fully charge your battery, start there and then start looking for problems in the wiring. I had a low battery and the car would not fire the coils, charged the battery and its all good.

88supraTT

Oct 2, 2005
around the bend
Turbo Drifter;1269924 said:
Fully charge your battery, start there and then start looking for problems in the wiring. I had a low battery and the car would not fire the coils, charged the battery and its all good.

thanks, that is what a lot of my friends with haltechs told me. I just talked with them about 5 min ago after pulling the entire harness back out of the car and checking each and every wire just to double check and being dumbfounded on what the problem could be. I'm pretty sure my battery is shot, so when i get a chance next week I will be using a new battery. just wanted to see if someone noticed anything wrong with my set-ups or had any other ideas.