Hailing from Tucson, AZ

mkIIIReed

Heavy Metal
Feb 26, 2008
Tucson, Arizona, USA
Hey all. Been lurking around the site, mainly just looking at what others are doing to their supras and the like. I'm 18, and the Supra was my first car. Paid 2500 dollars, and have since spent nearly as much getting it back to OEM condition (sorta). The car has a JDM bottom end (7mge), k&n, flowmaster muffler, and all new power steering rack and pump, tires, etc etc. Nothing terribly special, just my ride around campus. I think its a pretty decent ride given the price and that i did almost all of the work myself. I love the car... deffinitly a thrilling first vehicle. I'd like to do something crazy some day, but not until funds allow. Right now i'm broke as a joke. gas is the only thing i'll be buying for the ride for now.

take it easy guys. thanks for the great info!

brand new. first day. washed it the next day and set to work fixing the CEL.
l_1209c21314649845f88884cdd49554aa

l_5b70a436b3ec9e34c5803983dc2a5863.jpg

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
CEL problems huh? Do you know how to check for codes? If not, click the link in my sig.

I have a good friend in Tucson. She lives on the northeastern side. On North Sabino Canyon Rd.

mkIIIReed

Heavy Metal
Feb 26, 2008
Tucson, Arizona, USA
yea, i checked the codes. i found the TSRM pretty quick. that was something like 4 months ago. I've gotten new tires since, and painted the wheels black (because one is different on my passengers side, and i don't want anyone to know :evil2:) It looks interesting i suppose. it came out better than i thought it would. i have to get pics. i'm poor and on my own so i don't have a digital camera. it'll have to wait about a week or so. spring break... haha. mine's early being in high school and all.

anywho. thanks for the links and tips guys. i hope i have something that looks decent before too long. (that picture is "the good side". the other side has a red mirror, the backwards front wheel, and most of the dents. the drivers side is only missing some trim.):sarcasm:

are the "gay blue" ones particularly rare? i have yet to see another one... no joke. maybe there just aren't any of them because nobody bought them to begin with.

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
mkIIIReed;949838 said:
are the "gay blue" ones particularly rare? i have yet to see another one... no joke. maybe there just aren't any of them because nobody bought them to begin with.
I've owned one and seen several others in person. Not in Tucson, but I've only been here a couple months. It's one of my favorite colors for the Supra.

cavi01zx

MKIII IRONMAN
Oct 28, 2007
chandler az
welcome, im up in PHX, nice ride, if you are gunna lower it i am selling my lowering springs( selling them cheap too) as soon as i get my coilovers on. well anyways welcome to SM you should check out AZsupracentral.com.