Had to put the family dog to sleep today :(

JMDigital

Authorized Vendor
Jun 2, 2006
Tampa, Florida
www.cardomain.com
We got my brother a dog when he was 7 years old - 17 years later we had to put her to sleep.. This is a pic from when my brother was 15 or 16. She lived with us when we were kids and moved with my brother when he grew up and moved away from home.

She was an American Eskimo and her name was DOC. :) I named her.

No one could believe she lived to be almost 18! The doctor told us that 15 is really when they die of old age or have to be put to sleep because of a problem. So I guess we got a few extra years with her.

Anyway.. She will be missed by us all..

Attachments

• img032.jpg
    img032.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 54

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Time to get a puppy and start the cycle over. Too bad she's gone, but you can't be disappointed with eighteen years with her....................lol

aye mate

Hiatus over.
Mar 30, 2005
Maryland
Yea man, 18 years is a long time for a dog. It always sucks when a pet dies but at least she gave it a good long run.

JMDigital

Authorized Vendor
Jun 2, 2006
Tampa, Florida
www.cardomain.com
Yea she did live alot longer then she was suposed to . I allways used to joke that she would be living in the old folks home with my brother when he is 90. :) I did have a feeling that 2007 was going to be it for her tho. She went blind in 2005 and started to loose her hearing about 6 months ago. We took her tothe doctor alot just to make shure she did not develop anything that was putting her in any pain. Its hard to tell with dogs sometimes if they are in pain. She had a stroke today and that did it.

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
yeah my dog in Poland was put to sleep when i went there last summer. he was 25 years old! Strong bugger. But he was blind in 1 eye, had a limp and it was time... That dg you put to sleep looked like a wonderful dog, it truly is a shame.

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
honestabe said:
I'm sorry to hear that bro. I had to put my dog Dragomire down when I was 7, his name is now tattooed on my pec.

that reminds me of my friend, got the name of his pitpull on his forarm "ziggy"

Srry for your loss JM, been there.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Ive always had a dog as long as I can remember. The family dog Frosty, my first dog Chelsea I got in High school, kept one her pups named Buckwheat, and then my current dog Jody. Everyone of them lived a long and happy life full of playful times and all the love and attention they deserved. Each one was a terrible loss and to this day I still think about them. They were always there when the women in my life came and went. They were always there to give me a joyful hello when I came home. Their love and devotion through the years have meant more to me than I can express in words. I feel lost not having a dog at my side.

Im sorry for you and your families loss. People who dont own pets never seem to understand just how important that unconditional love from a pet is to us. Just as I know Chelsea and Buck are waiting for me on the other side so too will Doc be there for you.