Had a little run in with a MK4

gurley0916

Gurley=Last Name not girl
Mar 10, 2008
Columbus,OH
So a local guy just picked up a 600hp 97 supra 6 speed with 80000 miles on it, The mods include a turbonetics T76, AEM V1, HKS fuel rail, 1000cc injectors, triple walbro, hks 272 cams and stock block. So we went for a ride in it which is the first video. Car just roasts the 295 street tires the whole time. The second video is of Crypton2006's running against it. We never got a side by side run but we both get on it at the same time and there wasnt much pulling from the MK4 so it held up pretty good. Cryptons mods are built 7mgte, T67 turbo, dual walbros, 680cc injectors, mapecu, and a locked 4.3 rear end and dyno'd 478hp. The audio sucks on the videos cause they are from phones but still worth a watch i figured. Enjoy!

[video=youtube;UdNrS0dUpaY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_profilepage&v=UdNrS0dUpaY[/video]

[video=youtube;8ne_Gz9z4S0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ne_Gz9z4S0[/video]

Crypton2006

Jun 26, 2006
Phoenix Az
I was the one driving this beast in the in car vid. It was like a extreamly good christmas gift. The guy wanted me to drive it and put it sideways because he does not have the experiance. I used to always say mk4s where not my thing but i was very wrong. I loved this car! Maybe the owner will chime in. Jono
I loved the turbo size as well, i was expecting to be complaing about lag but its not a problem as u can see in the first vid. I let off at about 110. It builds boost around 5k. I also have had a few good mods sence the 478 dyno.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

gurley0916

Mar 10, 2008
Columbus,OH
1874a7f9-16a7-29fc.jpg

gurley0916

Mar 10, 2008
Columbus,OH
empera;1784379 said:
time to get a new camera....either way, good stuff

Ya my phone wasnt on high def for the in car and the other video was on a cheaper phone. Seems like there is nothing good for cars lol. Gopro speaker is just about as bad audio wise.
[QUOTE='85 supra;1784385]Nice!! Man theres alot of running room out there.[/QUOTE]
Ya its pretty open out here in az when u arent in phoenix

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
gurley0916;1784408 said:
Ya my phone wasnt on high def for the in car and the other video was on a cheaper phone. Seems like there is nothing good for cars lol. Gopro speaker is just about as bad audio wise.

Ya its pretty open out here in az when u arent in phoenix

I miss living down there. Too bad I don't miss the uncertainty of the job market... There are actually roads that are nice enough (and out of the way enough) that you're actually not going to hurt anyone having a quick pull or two.

So, anyone have a good recommendation for a camera with good audio? Or hell, even a good audio recording device would be nice, the rest is just editing. ;)

Crypton2006

Jun 26, 2006
Phoenix Az
te72;1784648 said:
I miss living down there. Too bad I don't miss the uncertainty of the job market... There are actually roads that are nice enough (and out of the way enough) that you're actually not going to hurt anyone having a quick pull or two.

So, anyone have a good recommendation for a camera with good audio? Or hell, even a good audio recording device would be nice, the rest is just editing. ;)

Hey without a job we have tons of time to drive on these long open roads LOL. We are going to try and so some pulls again and well get a good camera.

Sent from my SCH-M828C using Tapatalk