h&r with kyb gr-2 a good idea?

Rickstar22

Rocker...Not Hippie
Feb 22, 2011
Graham-Puyallup, WA
Running H&R's with Tokico Illumina 2's up front and stock TEMS in the rear right now. Ride is fine, but plan on doing something up front to keep from rubbing depending on your wheel/tire setup...

p1814810_1.jpg

RBD 305

Aug 19, 2010
Florida
I'm currently running this setup (H&R Springs w/ KYB Struts). Obviously the ride height is a lot lower and I find myself backing into parking spaces all the time and the ride is a lot firmer not bouncy at all. I like it, but it may be on the stiff side for others.

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
GR-2's are underrated... they are pretty durable with lowering springs. I ran them on a few cars like this and they held up for years of daily driving.

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Mar 6, 2009
Merced, CA
ok so i went to buy tokicos blues non tems and they all seem to be over $300 shipped are they really that much better then my kybs? are the tokicos made for lowering springs? Or am I just almost paying double for a name? The blues are going on my gfs car since her stock shocks are blown. I need to know asap cause if i am just paying for a name i will just buy kybs just like i have on my supra.

blues
DM's price $318
EBAYS price $303

kybs
rockauto $171

all these prices are shipped

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Mar 6, 2009
Merced, CA

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
This is a quote from Driftmotion:

Tokico shock, HP series, for mk3 Supra front, not tems compatible. These are a great upgrade to stock shocks, especially when used with lowering springs.

I ran the Tokico Blues on my SC300. They are a very firm shock and to me made the ride somewhat harsh. On straight, flat interstate driving however, the car felt like it was on rails.

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
If you think about it.. TEMS was a nifty idea at the time.. however, I would not go out of my way to keep it. Overall, I prefer the stiffer ride than the soft bouncy one. The car is not made for bouncy...