H&R Suspension

jony89

Oct 20, 2013
LongBeach
Im looking to get some H&R sport springs for the supra. Anyone know a good spot to order them? Cant find a website that carrys them

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Ah, I didn't notice that. I thought I read somewhere that they are really hard to find, or maybe unavailable new. I wouldn't take this as fact though, I just seem to remember something about this.

jony89

Oct 20, 2013
LongBeach
Silver MK3;1992832 said:
Ah, I didn't notice that. I thought I read somewhere that they are really hard to find, or maybe unavailable new. I wouldn't take this as fact though, I just seem to remember something about this.

Well it seems like its true, cant find those suckers anywhere! Any have any reviews on their race springs?

A-to-the-J

Panda™ and Pre-89 Gracer™
Feb 19, 2006
Anaheim/West Covina, CA
What shocks are you running?

IMHO, I haven't tried the H&R springs, but my friend had RSR springs with Bilstein's. Needless to say, they were less bouncy than most people do say, and they felt really good.

If you can't find the sport springs, if Raptor Racing doesn't have the race springs, any of the vendors here can help you.

jony89

Oct 20, 2013
LongBeach
A-to-the-J;1992854 said:
What shocks are you running?

IMHO, I haven't tried the H&R springs, but my friend had RSR springs with Bilstein's. Needless to say, they were less bouncy than most people do say, and they felt really good.

If you can't find the sport springs, if Raptor Racing doesn't have the race springs, any of the vendors here can help you.

Tokico blues. Raptor has the race springs from h&r but i dont want them to be that low and to stiff for my DD. Unless someone can share with me their experience with them.

jsupra9

Feb 27, 2014
California
My brother has them on his 89' when i drive it around they seem okay. Not bouncy not to stiff. Getting some for mine when I save up

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
h&r on my 88 they are low not bouncy ride may be a bit rough on rougher roads. highway cruising its smooth especially with tems set to soft

gsxr141

Oct 24, 2010
rochester
i have h&r race springs on my 90. i installed new kyg gr2's at the same time. the ride is great. the only issue is that the car is really low in the front.

kdog1988

Mar 6, 2007
Florida
I have b&gs with kyb gr2s and the ride is great I'm also on 17x9s with no issues at all. The only time I feel there to stiff is on brick roads but other then that the ride is awesome and they sit well.
u4ubuges.jpg

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

suprajztwenty

Nov 5, 2009
corinth tx
im running the h&r race on tokico illumina. ride is nice and stiff on firm/sport setting. on soft now id compare it to stock sport/firm setting.

suprajztwenty

Nov 5, 2009
corinth tx
and yeah, the front is somewhat low. lower than the rear for sure...i kinda like the rake, its not that noticeable btw...but when its yours, a 1/4" looks like 5 (thats what she said)

Lazer371

Jan 5, 2012
Ct
I'm running H&R race springs with bilstein shocks on 16's with 50 series sidewall tires, and in my experience they take a few hundred miles to settle down to height and soften up a bit, but once they're worked in, the ride is stiff yet smooth and sits nicely. I'd honestly compare the ride quality to my dad's 01 bmw 330ci on gr2's with stock bmw springs. (only my car handles better :p)

Here's them a little cheaper on tirerack, http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/...ta&autoModel=Supra&autoYear=1987&autoModClar=

I found mine somewhere for $211 with free shipping, but my old laptop died and I lost all my bookmarks of well priced supra parts :/

jony89

Oct 20, 2013
LongBeach
jsupra9;1994492 said:
My brother has them on his 89' when i drive it around they seem okay. Not bouncy not to stiff. Getting some for mine when I save up
good to here i got my set in already just havnt installed. what struts was he running?

jony89

Oct 20, 2013
LongBeach
Is anyone running 18s with these springs? I'm just looking for a good strut to pair with the springs. hopefully i dont rub with my 18s