H&R Springs Opinions Please (because you cannot search 3 letter words...)

RedPhoenix

Kill it with fire!
Sep 23, 2009
Tampa, FL
Trying to search H&R, but 3 letter words get knocked out...

So anyways, currently my shell has Intrax springs, with Tokico Illuminas in the front and stock shocks in the rear... (this is how I bought it).

Well while I was at a junkyard today, I found a MK3, score! Got a lot of what I ndeed, but I found out that it has H&R springs on it. Knowing that Intrax kinda sucks, I was wondering if it was worth it and what were the opinions. I dont mind the low drop for starters.

Also, it has blue colored shocks, I had a difficult time seeing the name on it, but it should be Tokico (if so I will grab it for the rear to get rid of that oem rear shock setup). Can you guys think of any other shock that is blue?

Thanks for the help
Matt

Justinnn

May 1, 2009
Brampton, Ontario
if they are cheap grab them bro, i found them to be the best suspension set up i ever had & ive had about 5 supras with all sorts of different suspension set ups

RedPhoenix

Kill it with fire!
Sep 23, 2009
Tampa, FL
Justinnn;1457288 said:
that was a smokin' deal, you lucked out.. were they tokico blues?

lol I did H&R* (i know about wild cards), I swore it turned up nothing useful... maybe that was SF, lol.

They were Tokico Blues, all blown though, so I left them.

Mastapip

Apr 20, 2009
Ft. Worth Tx
I too have bilsteins and H&R's. They're freakin awesome. Very stiff, very and a very good drop. I know they're the biggest drop of any mk3 spring, and they're probably the stiffest also, aside from coilovers.

RedPhoenix

Kill it with fire!
Sep 23, 2009
Tampa, FL
I definitely like the way it drops the car. This is without an engine in the car...

p1498317_1.jpg

My current issue right now is.... what do I do for shocks. The car came with good tokico illuminas in the front but oem blown shocks in the rear...

I was offered new KYB GR2 rears for $60, but I don't believe they will work that great with H&R's.

Also, having a hard time finding rear illuminas.... Do I just go ahead and get new Bilsteins or something?

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
I'd go for the KYB's for the price, since this project seems to be 'budget minded'.

You should replace shocks as a set, however, and Bilsteins are fairly cheap considering the quality... $100/ea isn't bad IMO.

RedPhoenix

Kill it with fire!
Sep 23, 2009
Tampa, FL
oldsking;1498330 said:
how much you want fro the intrax's? :) I'll give ya 45 for em

sold them for 125... lol but thanks for the lowball

I have decided to get the bilsteins for the rear right now. I forgot that the perch was adjustable, so I can at least sorta match the height of the fronts. eventually ill get the fronts, but now currently, I want to get the car running..

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107120&page=9