H&R springs how low?

Angry7M

Formerly redmaro
Sep 6, 2007
AZ
Im about to purchase some H&R springs (black colored). I did a quick search on them usiing the part numbers on the springs, and they seem to lower supras mk3 1.3" and 1.6". But on here everywhere I find that they lower 2". Why is this?

Also if it did lower all the way to 2" using these springs. Can the car still be aligned correctly? Im will be using the stock 16" rims for now. So I dont want any un even tire wear. Thanks

zdatsupra

Feb 19, 2006
florida
does anyone know the answer to this question?
I would like to know also.

I just pulled the toyos off my car and they were eaten up on the inside. I supsect because the po lowered the car and never even got a alignment.

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
they just do... if you didnt want to be lowered 2'' then you should have bought some other springs like eibach's... the h&R only have the RACE style spring

and yes you can get it back into alignment with aftermarket camber arms... a1 makes some and so does "battle version"... he sells through driftmotion. or if your smart enough, and know how to use mcmastercar, you can buy the heim joints, make the brackets, and do it all your self.

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
Rennat;1327293 said:
they just do... if you didnt want to be lowered 2'' then you should have bought some other springs like eibach's... the h&R only have the RACE style spring

and yes you can get it back into alignment with aftermarket camber arms... a1 makes some and so does "battle version"... he sells through driftmotion. or if your smart enough, and know how to use mcmastercar, you can buy the heim joints, make the brackets, and do it all your self.

Im assuming the front can be brought back into alignment and that the rear is the problem. Hmm

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
JDMMA70;1328394 said:
Im assuming the front can be brought back into alignment and that the rear is the problem. Hmm

i coudnt even get my car aligned because the previous owner had all of the tabs either broken, or flattened... so it was pointless for me.

the fronts werent that bad when i dropped my n/a, the rears had more than the front. but even driving the car with that much camber was fun to me. And i dont put 18,000miles a year on my car... i do like 4-6k a year... so to have some crazy camber didnt bother me.

Angry7M

Formerly redmaro
Sep 6, 2007
AZ
Rennat;1328399 said:
i coudnt even get my car aligned because the previous owner had all of the tabs either broken, or flattened... so it was pointless for me.

the fronts werent that bad when i dropped my n/a, the rears had more than the front. but even driving the car with that much camber was fun to me. And i dont put 18,000miles a year on my car... i do like 4-6k a year... so to have some crazy camber didnt bother me.

Ok so I finally had the time to go and install the lowering springs with GR2 shocks. The front of the car drop is ver very low. The rear isnt as much, but it looks good. Also I didnt noticed that much negavtive camber in the rear, seems to be alinable. But I still have to take it to get it algned. Hopefully tomorrow. Thanks guys.

BTW the car feels great! Very good ride quality. The only bad thing is that the car is so low in the front that the 3" scrapes everywhere with bumps, specially gas stations. I have to be real carefull now with bumps.